BABYtel Asterisk settings

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by m, Dec 7, 2004.

  1. m

    m Guest

    Has Anyone been able to get asterisk to work with this VOIP provider.

    It works good from a sipura 2000 behind nat. but unable to get it to
    work on asterisk. I enter the nat.babytel.ca into my /etc/hosts

    not sure if I entered it right on the hosts file....
    (here is what I have in there)

    ----------------------
    127.0.0.1 box localhost
    nat.babytel.ca

    # (added automatically by netbase upgrade)

    ::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
    fe00::0 ip6-localnet
    ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
    ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
    ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
    ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

    -----------------------

    now my settings in sip for babytel are
    I had Free world dial working but now unable to not sure so they are
    commented out!

    I have tryed Nat=yes I have tryed adding the port anyone?
    ------------------------
    [general]
    externip=xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    localnet=192.168.0.101/255.255.255.0
    context = from-sip

    disallow=all ; Disallow all codecs
    allow=gsm
    allow=ilbc
    ;allow=ima-adpcm
    allow=ulaw
    allow=alaw
    allow=g729
    allow=g726
    allow=g723.1

    ;register=xxxxx:/xxxxx
    ;register=xxxxx:/xxxxx
    register=1416xxxxxxx::5065/2201

    [fwd]
    type=friend
    secret=secret
    username=xxxxx
    host=fwd.pulver.com
    dtmfmode=inband
    nat=no
    [babytel]
    context=default
    type=friend
    insecure=very
    dmtfmode=inband
    secret=secret
    username=1416xxxxxxx ; Authent user for outbound proxies
    fromuser=1416xxxxxxx ; Many SIP providers require this!
    fromdomain=sip.babytel.ca ; Ncessaire!! :)
    host=sip.babytel.ca
    port=5065
    nat=no
    canreinvite=no
    ; line 1
    [2201]
    type=friend
    host=dynamic
    context=home
    secret=secret
    callerid="SPA1" <2201>
    mailbox=2201
    dtmfmode=rfc2833
    nat=no
    ; line 2
    [2202]
    type=friend
    host=dynamic
    context=home
    secret=secret
    callerid="SPA2" <2202>
    mailbox=2202
    dtmfmode=rfc2833
    nat=no
    ----------------------------
    m, Dec 7, 2004

  2. m

    m Guest

    ahh G... I did'nt read the
    http://ip.bourget.cc:8080/wiki/babyTEL_20and_20Asterisk
    or
    http://www.sherman.ca/archives/2004/08/19/babytel-and-asterisk/
    propperly.

    /etc/hosts did't seem right in here.. silly me..

    its like this
    -----------------my-/etc/hosts-file---
    127.0.0.1 box localhost
    216.18.125.7 sip.babytel.ca

    # (added automatically by netbase upgrade)

    ::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
    fe00::0 ip6-localnet
    ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
    ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
    ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
    ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

    I don't get errors anymore..

    any one have any othere Asterisk canadian friendly Providers they
    would like to share?

    m, Dec 8, 2004