    blue you see to the baby's right is the traction tape on the steps of
    the pool, not user error...

    , Sep 21, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > PS - Info on the shot: D2X, 70-200 AF-S VR, JPEG FINE, sRGB, color
    > mode III. CS2 - slight blue and red curve adjustments; blue, cyan and
    > yellow saturation boosts; unsharp mask at 85% - 1.0 pixel. The
    > "bluer" blue you see to the baby's right is the traction tape on the
    > steps of the pool, not user error...

    Nice job! I like the shadowing created by the sunlight. The action with
    the water is great and adds so much life to the shot. The only thing I
    would have done differently is use the 85mm f/1.4 to tighten up on the DoF
    on the background a bit, but that's just personal taste.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Sep 21, 2006

  3. Guest

    Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > PS - Info on the shot: D2X, 70-200 AF-S VR, JPEG FINE, sRGB, color
    > > mode III. CS2 - slight blue and red curve adjustments; blue, cyan and
    > > yellow saturation boosts; unsharp mask at 85% - 1.0 pixel. The
    > > "bluer" blue you see to the baby's right is the traction tape on the
    > > steps of the pool, not user error...

    > Nice job! I like the shadowing created by the sunlight. The action with
    > the water is great and adds so much life to the shot. The only thing I
    > would have done differently is use the 85mm f/1.4 to tighten up on the DoF
    > on the background a bit, but that's just personal taste.

    Thanks for the kind words, Rita, and yes, I agree with your comments on
    the DoF - I am going to blur the background a little more to
    taste...thanks again.

    , Sep 21, 2006
  4. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > Positive and neg....constructive feedback equally appreciated:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/67224954
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ben
    >
    > PS - Info on the shot: D2X, 70-200 AF-S VR, JPEG FINE, sRGB, color
    > mode III. CS2 - slight blue and red curve adjustments; blue, cyan and
    > yellow saturation boosts; unsharp mask at 85% - 1.0 pixel. The
    > "bluer" blue you see to the baby's right is the traction tape on the
    > steps of the pool, not user error...

    How did you imbed the water pipe into his left arm/hand??
    ;)

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Sep 21, 2006
  5. Petri Lopia Guest

    Petri Lopia, Sep 21, 2006
  6. Guest

    Mark² (lowest even number here) wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Positive and neg....constructive feedback equally appreciated:
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/image/67224954
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Ben
    > >
    > > PS - Info on the shot: D2X, 70-200 AF-S VR, JPEG FINE, sRGB, color
    > > mode III. CS2 - slight blue and red curve adjustments; blue, cyan and
    > > yellow saturation boosts; unsharp mask at 85% - 1.0 pixel. The
    > > "bluer" blue you see to the baby's right is the traction tape on the
    > > steps of the pool, not user error...

    > How did you imbed the water pipe into his left arm/hand??

    Tommy Chong Day Care Center in El Segundo.

    , Sep 21, 2006
  7. Guest

    wrote:
    > Positive and neg....constructive feedback equally appreciated:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/67224954
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ben
    >
    > PS - Info on the shot: D2X, 70-200 AF-S VR, JPEG FINE, sRGB, color
    > mode III. CS2 - slight blue and red curve adjustments; blue, cyan and
    > yellow saturation boosts; unsharp mask at 85% - 1.0 pixel. The "bluer"
    > blue you see to the baby's right is the traction tape on the steps of
    > the pool, not user error...

    Nice picture. As other people already commented, I'd open up the lens
    for a shallower depth of field. I would also get lower down (maybe lie
    down at the edge of the pool) so the camera is closer to the kid's eye
    level. That would make the picture more interesting, though you'd have
    to be careful that you still have water in the background rather than
    whatever is in the back of the pool. The blue color is very nice, so
    you wouldn't want to lose that by getting too low.

    -Gniewko

    , Sep 21, 2006
  8. ahmat Guest

    it would be much better if you can catch the baby's eyes

    寫é“:

    ahmat, Sep 21, 2006
  9. MQueue Guest

    ahmat wrote:
    > it would be much better if you can catch the baby's eyes
    >
    > 寫é“:

    Very nice pictures. The baby looks so cute :D

    MQueue, Sep 21, 2006