    Does it still work for anyone, or do you need credit now ?
    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Feb 6, 2005

  2. Martin²

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Martin² wrote:
    > Can't make any calls, it times out.
    > Does it still work for anyone, or do you need credit now ?
    > Regards,
    > Martin

    And that was apropos of what, exactly?
    Rick Merrill, Feb 6, 2005

  3. Martin²

    Martin² Guest

    Martin² wrote:
    >> Can't make any calls, it times out.
    >> Does it still work for anyone, or do you need credit now ?
    >> Regards,
    >> Martin

    Rick:
    >And that was apropos of what, exactly?

    babble.net , UK VoIP provider, ceased to function...
    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Feb 7, 2005
  4. Martin²

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Martin² wrote:
    > Martin² wrote:
    >
    >>>Can't make any calls, it times out.
    >>>Does it still work for anyone, or do you need credit now ?
    >>>Regards,
    >>>Martin

    > Rick:
    >
    >>And that was apropos of what, exactly?

    > babble.net , UK VoIP provider, ceased to function...
    > Regards,
    > Martin

    Interesting: you're saying that the VoIP service would neither send nor
    receive calls (SIP?) yet the internet connection continued to work fine.

    - RM
    (using ATT's CallVantage in MA, USA)
    Rick Merrill, Feb 7, 2005
  5. Martin²

    Martin² Guest

    >Interesting: you're saying that the VoIP service would neither send nor
    >receive calls (SIP?) yet the internet connection continued to work fine.

    The Babble VoIP server is either not working or not recognising me.
    Coincidentally I have today received a reply from Babble Support to my email
    from 19th December !
    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Feb 8, 2005
  6. Martin²

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Martin² wrote:
    >>Interesting: you're saying that the VoIP service would neither send nor
    >>receive calls (SIP?) yet the internet connection continued to work fine.

    > The Babble VoIP server is either not working or not recognising me.
    > Coincidentally I have today received a reply from Babble Support to my email
    > from 19th December !
    > Regards,
    > Martin

    Have you power cycled your phone?
    Rick Merrill, Feb 8, 2005
  7. Martin²

    Ian Guest

    "Martin²" <> wrote in message
    > >Interesting: you're saying that the VoIP service would neither send nor
    > >receive calls (SIP?) yet the internet connection continued to work fine.

    > The Babble VoIP server is either not working or not recognising me.
    > Coincidentally I have today received a reply from Babble Support to my

    email
    > from 19th December !
    > Regards,
    > Martin

    I had an email befor Xmas saying that to make calls will require credit. But
    personally I never used the service as it was far too unreliable to be used.
    Also it was obvious from their parent website that the business model was
    unsustainable and they hoped tpo get users then churn them onto being paying
    customers. The free calls was a good viral method of getting users. It would
    be intersting where the first email came from..

    Ian
    Ian, Feb 8, 2005
  8. Martin²

    Martin² Guest

    As of today, instead of just timing out, I get a message 'Please obtain
    credit...', even for 0800 number !
    They did say free calls to zone 1 will continue "well in to 2005", I never
    got an email from them announcing the change
    and their softphone doesn't work (I use X-lite), so I am not impressed.

    So, now you can pay 1p / min for zone 1 calls, or pay £5 p / month and get
    1000 min *FREE*, which is not a bad price,
    but I don't need even 500 min's so I won't subscribe.
    I will stick with sipgate, slightly more expensive - 1.12p / min, but with a
    free geographical number.
    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Feb 9, 2005