B&W/Color contrast attempt - critique please!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by David Seaman, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. David Seaman

    David Seaman Guest

    After buying the Canon A70 today, I took about 50 shots in my
    backyard. For a bunch of them, I tried the Black&White/Color layers
    effect in Photoshop when I got back inside.

    This was one of my favorite results:
    http://www.shutterline.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=71&s=88c2a5da4a426f3bb1adc05035d6c3b1

    What do you think? Also, if anyone has an online photo album with a
    bunch of these b&w/color effects, please post the URL for me. I'd love
    to learn from what other people are doing. I'm trying the effect with
    a pet bird, leaving him in color and the background as b&w but so far
    it looks a bit tacky. It's hard to lasso each little feather in the
    layer.

    Thanks in advance,

    David, Co-Founder
    http://www.shutterline.com
    Photo Contests | Critique forums | more...

    David Seaman, Jul 12, 2003

  2. "David Seaman" <> wrote in message
    > After buying the Canon A70 today, I took about 50 shots in my
    > backyard. For a bunch of them, I tried the Black&White/Color layers
    > effect in Photoshop when I got back inside.
    >
    > This was one of my favorite results:

    http://www.shutterline.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=71&s=88c2a5da4a426f3bb1adc05035d6c3b1

    > What do you think? Also, if anyone has an online photo album with a
    > bunch of these b&w/color effects, please post the URL for me. I'd love
    > to learn from what other people are doing. I'm trying the effect with
    > a pet bird, leaving him in color and the background as b&w but so far
    > it looks a bit tacky. It's hard to lasso each little feather in the
    > layer.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > David, Co-Founder
    > http://www.shutterline.com
    > Photo Contests | Critique forums | more...

    Version 8 of Paint Shop Pro has a new utility for cropping backgrounds that
    should make this job easier. Download the trial version from www.jasc.com,
    and see how it works for you.

    Marvin Margoshes, Jul 12, 2003