B&H

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike S., Jun 21, 2009.

  1. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. "Mike S." <> wrote in message news:h1lbfi$gl$...

    > Watch word wap on the URL.
    >
    > http://www.inc.com/magazine/2009050...iled-and-why-bh-thrives.html?partner=fogcreek

    I've been a very satisfied B&H customer for decades.
    Great store, and I also never bother to look elsewhere,
    especially since B&H has such a great replace/refund
    "satisfaction guarantee", which I have used, in addition
    to good "real" prices with small or no shipping charges
    (unlike the inflated charges and "restocking fees" of many
    other dealers). B&H is a "class act". There is only one
    other shop in the same class that I know of - Stellar
    Stereo, a local TV/audio shop that has also been around
    for many decades, and which considers customer
    satisfaction above all else. Seems like a good formula for
    success...;-)
    --DR
    David Ruether, Jun 21, 2009

  3. Mike S. wrote:
    > Watch word wap on the URL.

    It can help to put brackets around it like so:

    <http://www.inc.com/magazine/20090501/why-circuit-city-failed-and-why-bh-thrives.html?partner=fogcreek>

    Here's the lead in:

    Why Circuit City Failed, and Why B&H Thrives
    Many companies that have gone bust didn't die because of the recession.
    They failed for one reason: They treated customers poorly

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Jun 21, 2009
  4. Mike S.

    Bob Roberts Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:36:18 -0500, insert_name <> wrote:
    >B&H who? Sorry, I had to switch all my purchases to more reputable dealers.
    >B&H doesn't exist anymore after they were forced to show their true faces
    >and colors.

    Do you have a cite for these claoms?
    Bob Roberts, Jun 21, 2009
  5. Mike S.

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:36:18 -0500, insert_name wrote:

    > A "class act" ran by owners who had to be sued in millions to force them
    > treat their employees properly. Yeah, that's real "class" alright.

    B&H has a lot more class than our resident anti-DSLR sock puppet
    troll. Oh, that's you. Anxiously awaiting your next inserted name.
    ASAAR, Jun 21, 2009
  6. Mike S.

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:36:18 -0500, insert_name <> wrote:
    : On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 11:12:02 -0400, "David Ruether"
    : <> wrote:
    :
    : >
    : >"Mike S." <> wrote in message news:h1lbfi$gl$...
    : >
    : >> Watch word wap on the URL.
    : >>
    : >> http://www.inc.com/magazine/2009050...iled-and-why-bh-thrives.html?partner=fogcreek
    : >
    : >I've been a very satisfied B&H customer for decades.
    : >Great store, and I also never bother to look elsewhere,
    : >especially since B&H has such a great replace/refund
    : >"satisfaction guarantee", which I have used, in addition
    : >to good "real" prices with small or no shipping charges
    : >(unlike the inflated charges and "restocking fees" of many
    : >other dealers). B&H is a "class act".
    :
    : A "class act" ran by owners who had to be sued in millions to force them
    : treat their employees properly. Yeah, that's real "class" alright. They
    : might now outwardly act differently but I'll bet you anything that they
    : don't inwardly believe nor think one bit differently. The lawsuit only
    : forced them to be not so up-front about their blatant bigotry. They'll
    : just find newer and more subtle ways to accomplish the same things
    : they've openly done in the past. People like that never do change their
    : values. You can take that hard fact all the way to the bank.
    :
    : B&H who? Sorry, I had to switch all my purchases to more reputable dealers.
    : B&H doesn't exist anymore after they were forced to show their true faces
    : and colors.

    The foregoing is brought to you by someone too gutless to use his name.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jun 21, 2009
  7. Mike S.

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <>,
    Bob Roberts <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:36:18 -0500, insert_name <> wrote:
    > >B&H who? Sorry, I had to switch all my purchases to more reputable dealers.
    > >B&H doesn't exist anymore after they were forced to show their true faces
    > >and colors.
    > >

    > Do you have a cite for these claoms?

    Cite? This guy's too much of a coward to post under his real name, so I
    suggest you not hold your breath waiting for him to back up his claim.
    Shawn Hirn, Jun 21, 2009
  8. Mike S.

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 15:41:42 -0400, Shawn Hirn <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Bob Roberts <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:36:18 -0500, insert_name <> wrote:
    >> >B&H who? Sorry, I had to switch all my purchases to more reputable dealers.
    >> >B&H doesn't exist anymore after they were forced to show their true faces
    >> >and colors.
    >> >

    >> Do you have a cite for these claoms?

    >Cite? This guy's too much of a coward to post under his real name, so I
    >suggest you not hold your breath waiting for him to back up his claim.

    You can exhale. He provided the cite that explains his position.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jun 21, 2009
  9. Mike S.

    Bob Roberts Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 14:38:00 -0500, insert_name <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 11:41:16 -0700, Bob Roberts <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:36:18 -0500, insert_name <> wrote:
    >>>B&H who? Sorry, I had to switch all my purchases to more reputable dealers.
    >>>B&H doesn't exist anymore after they were forced to show their true faces
    >>>and colors.
    >>>

    >>Do you have a cite for these claoms?

    >Not for any claoms, but if you meant claims, anyone can do this:
    >
    >http://www.google.com/search?q=b&h discrimination lawsuit

    Interesting but only a little. This sure as hell doesn't effect how I
    think about B&H. They're still the best.

    This suit was brought by the same EEOC that started legal proceeding
    against Hooters for not hiring fat hairy men to work as servers. They
    like to invent reasons for their (EEOC) existence.
    Bob Roberts, Jun 21, 2009
  10. Mike S.

    Bob Larter Guest

    insert_name wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 11:41:16 -0700, Bob Roberts <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:36:18 -0500, insert_name <> wrote:
    >>> B&H who? Sorry, I had to switch all my purchases to more reputable dealers.
    >>> B&H doesn't exist anymore after they were forced to show their true faces
    >>> and colors.
    >>>

    >> Do you have a cite for these claoms?

    > Not for any claoms, but if you meant claims, anyone can do this:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=b&h discrimination lawsuit
    >
    > Perhaps you take things too literally. B&H doesn't exist anymore for those
    > who only want to support companies that are owned and operated by reputable
    > and respectable humans. Let other companies now learn from B&H's mistakes,
    > lest they too commit the very same criminal acts against humanity. B&H
    > isn't needed anymore. They now only serve as a good example of how nobody
    > else should ever run their businesses. A lesson to others, that is all they
    > are good for.
    >
    > Nobody did this to B&H but themselves. Bye bye B&H! You won't be missed.
    > Even better prices can be had from other companies for identical products.
    > You don't find that out until you stop blindly shopping at B&H. In a way
    > I'm glad this all came out otherwise I wouldn't have gone looking for and
    > found several other suppliers that are much better than B&H ever was.

    Want some cheese to go with your whine?

    Bob Larter, Jun 22, 2009
  11. Mike S.

    PatM Guest

    PatM, Jun 22, 2009
  12. Mike S.

    John Navas Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:45:24 -0700, Bob Roberts <>
    wrote in <>:

    >On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 14:38:00 -0500, insert_name <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 11:41:16 -0700, Bob Roberts <>
    >>wrote:

    >>>Do you have a cite for these claoms?

    >>Not for any claoms, but if you meant claims, anyone can do this:
    >>
    >>http://www.google.com/search?q=b&h discrimination lawsuit

    >Interesting but only a little. This sure as hell doesn't effect how I
    >think about B&H. They're still the best.

    Why not patronize vendors who respect the law instead?

    >This suit was brought by the same EEOC that started legal proceeding
    >against Hooters for not hiring fat hairy men to work as servers. They
    >like to invent reasons for their (EEOC) existence.

    Total rubbish. Or was that a lame attempt at humor?

    --
    Best regards,
    John (Panasonic DMC-FZ28, and several others)
    John Navas, Jun 22, 2009
  13. Mike S.

    John Navas Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:21:38 -0700 (PDT), PatM
    <> wrote in
    <>:

    >On Jun 21, 9:10 am, (Mike S.) wrote:
    >> Watch word wap on the URL.
    >>
    >> http://www.inc.com/magazine/20090501/why-circuit-city-failed-and-why-...

    >Poor customer service: can you say Verizon?

    Can you say any-major-cell-carrier?

    Even once good T-Mobile USA now suffers from support outsourced to
    Bangalore. Even when there's little or no accent, it's a dead giveaway
    when you ask a simple question, there's a pause while the ESL rep
    frantically searches the support FAQ written in English for something
    that seems close, and then reads something unrelated to your question.

    John Navas, Jun 22, 2009
  14. Mike S.

    PatM Guest

    On Jun 22, 11:49 am, John Navas <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:21:38 -0700 (PDT), PatM
    > <> wrote in
    > <>:
    >
    > >On Jun 21, 9:10 am, (Mike S.) wrote:
    > >> Watch word wap on the URL.

    > >>http://www.inc.com/magazine/20090501/why-circuit-city-failed-and-why-....

    > >Poor customer service: can you say Verizon?

    > Can you say any-major-cell-carrier?
    >
    > Even once good T-Mobile USA now suffers from support outsourced to
    > Bangalore.  Even when there's little or no accent, it's a dead giveaway
    > when you ask a simple question, there's a pause while the ESL rep
    > frantically searches the support FAQ written in English for something
    > that seems close, and then reads something unrelated to your question.
    >
    > --
    > Best regards,
    > John            (Panasonic DMC-FZ28, and several others)

    I describe Verizon customer service as: the third arm from the left
    doesn't know what the 2nd arm from the right is doing. Fortunately,
    as of about 10 AM today, I am in a Verizon-Free Zone.

    Psychologically, it is sort of weird to not have "the phone company"
    in the house, but they out-priced and under-served themselves out of
    here.
    PatM, Jun 22, 2009