B&H refund failure

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Phil Stripling, Mar 19, 2006.

  1. I ordered an item on December 17 with UPS 2-day air delivery, and the
    package was not delivered on-time. I asked the UPS guy who to ask for
    a refund of the extra charge, and he said B&H. I called on the 23d and
    was promised a refund of the difference between the shipping I received
    and the shipping I got. Still no refund as of today, although the UPS
    site says they have refunded the difference to their customer - B&H.

    Today I called and spoke to Uri, who expressed surprise at no refund
    having been issued and said it will come in 3 to 5 business days.

    So a heads up to all who order from B&H - if you are promised a
    refund, check to make sure they don't forget after they've promised it.

    --
    Phil Stripling | email to the replyto address is presumed
    The Civilized Explorer | spam and read later. email from this URL
    http://www.cieux.com/ | http://www.civex.com/ is read daily.
     
    Phil Stripling, Mar 19, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Phil Stripling

    Hoover Guest

    Epson is also full of shit - i purchased a Nikon D50 from Ritz Camera - they
    promised a FULL refund on the Epson printer - Epson reneged, and didn't even
    answer my rebate application - so i returned the friggin' printer

    "Phil Stripling" <> wrote in message
    news:190320061327167823%...
    >I ordered an item on December 17 with UPS 2-day air delivery, and the
    > package was not delivered on-time. I asked the UPS guy who to ask for
    > a refund of the extra charge, and he said B&H. I called on the 23d and
    > was promised a refund of the difference between the shipping I received
    > and the shipping I got. Still no refund as of today, although the UPS
    > site says they have refunded the difference to their customer - B&H.
    >
    > Today I called and spoke to Uri, who expressed surprise at no refund
    > having been issued and said it will come in 3 to 5 business days.
    >
    > So a heads up to all who order from B&H - if you are promised a
    > refund, check to make sure they don't forget after they've promised it.
    >
    > --
    > Phil Stripling | email to the replyto address is presumed
    > The Civilized Explorer | spam and read later. email from this URL
    > http://www.cieux.com/ | http://www.civex.com/ is read daily.
     
    Hoover, Mar 19, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Phil Stripling

    Doug Guest

    What has your post got to do with the original post?? Get a grip.

    Doug


    "Hoover" <> wrote in message
    news:X7kTf.270786$oG.269833@dukeread02...
    > Epson is also full of shit - i purchased a Nikon D50 from Ritz Camera -
    > they promised a FULL refund on the Epson printer - Epson reneged, and
    > didn't even answer my rebate application - so i returned the friggin'
    > printer
    >
    > "Phil Stripling" <> wrote in message
    > news:190320061327167823%...
    >>I ordered an item on December 17 with UPS 2-day air delivery, and the
    >> package was not delivered on-time. I asked the UPS guy who to ask for
    >> a refund of the extra charge, and he said B&H. I called on the 23d and
    >> was promised a refund of the difference between the shipping I received
    >> and the shipping I got. Still no refund as of today, although the UPS
    >> site says they have refunded the difference to their customer - B&H.
    >>
    >> Today I called and spoke to Uri, who expressed surprise at no refund
    >> having been issued and said it will come in 3 to 5 business days.
    >>
    >> So a heads up to all who order from B&H - if you are promised a
    >> refund, check to make sure they don't forget after they've promised it.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Phil Stripling | email to the replyto address is presumed
    >> The Civilized Explorer | spam and read later. email from this URL
    >> http://www.cieux.com/ | http://www.civex.com/ is read daily.

    >
    >
     
    Doug, Mar 20, 2006
    #3
  4. Phil Stripling

    Mark² Guest

    Phil Stripling wrote:
    > I ordered an item on December 17 with UPS 2-day air delivery, and the
    > package was not delivered on-time. I asked the UPS guy who to ask for
    > a refund of the extra charge, and he said B&H. I called on the 23d and
    > was promised a refund of the difference between the shipping I
    > received and the shipping I got. Still no refund as of today,
    > although the UPS site says they have refunded the difference to their
    > customer - B&H.
    >
    > Today I called and spoke to Uri, who expressed surprise at no refund
    > having been issued and said it will come in 3 to 5 business days.
    >
    > So a heads up to all who order from B&H - if you are promised a
    > refund, check to make sure they don't forget after they've promised
    > it.


    December 17th...the day you ordered...was a Saturday.
    B&H is closed for the Sabbath on Saturdays.

    UPS "days" don't start counting until Monday...so it should have shipped on
    Monday the 19th.

    This means your 2nd Day air package would be due to you sometime on
    Wednesday the 21st of December.

    When did you receive it?
     
    Mark², Mar 20, 2006
    #4
  5. Phil Stripling

    Jack Guest

    Your mistake was buying from Ritz Camera. Their price for the Nikon D50 is
    much higher than B@H. If you bought it with the 28-80mm lens, you really
    got ripped off. You paid $600. This lens has no wide angle capability.
    When you consider the 1.5X factor you have a 42 - 120mm lens. My son in
    law just bought the D50 from Wolf Camera which is the same company as Ritz
    and got ripped off. I didn't have the heart to tell him. I just bought
    the D50 with the 18-55mm lens at B&H which lists for over $100 more than
    the 28-80. for $20 more than Ritz charges.

    > Epson is also full of shit - i purchased a Nikon D50 from Ritz Camera
    > - they promised a FULL refund on the Epson printer - Epson reneged,
    > and didn't even answer my rebate application - so i returned the
    > friggin' printer
    >
    > "Phil Stripling" <> wrote in message
    > news:190320061327167823%...
    >>I ordered an item on December 17 with UPS 2-day air delivery, and the
    >> package was not delivered on-time. I asked the UPS guy who to ask for
    >> a refund of the extra charge, and he said B&H. I called on the 23d
    >> and was promised a refund of the difference between the shipping I
    >> received and the shipping I got. Still no refund as of today,
    >> although the UPS site says they have refunded the difference to their
    >> customer - B&H.
    >>
    >> Today I called and spoke to Uri, who expressed surprise at no refund
    >> having been issued and said it will come in 3 to 5 business days.
    >>
    >> So a heads up to all who order from B&H - if you are promised a
    >> refund, check to make sure they don't forget after they've promised
    >> it.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Phil Stripling | email to the replyto address is presumed
    >> The Civilized Explorer | spam and read later. email from this URL
    >> http://www.cieux.com/ | http://www.civex.com/ is read daily.

    >
    >
    >
     
    Jack, Mar 20, 2006
    #5
  6. In article <xGmTf.8330$ld2.1621@fed1read11>, Mark² < here)@cox..net>
    wrote:

    > December 17th


    Yep, sorry, the 18th. It arrived late, I was told I would get a refund
    because of the late delivery, and I still haven't got it.

    If B&H says they'll give a refund, follow up on it to see that they do.

    --
    Phil Stripling | email to the replyto address is presumed
    The Civilized Explorer | spam and read later. email from this URL
    http://www.cieux.com/ | http://www.civex.com/ is read daily.
     
    Phil Stripling, Mar 20, 2006
    #6
  7. Phil Stripling

    Mark² Guest

    Phil Stripling wrote:
    > In article <xGmTf.8330$ld2.1621@fed1read11>, Mark² < here)@cox..net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> December 17th

    >
    > Yep, sorry, the 18th. It arrived late,


    When (exactly) did it arrive?
     
    Mark², Mar 20, 2006
    #7
  8. Phil Stripling

    Mark² Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > Phil Stripling wrote:
    >> In article <xGmTf.8330$ld2.1621@fed1read11>, Mark² < here)@cox..net>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> December 17th

    >>
    >> Yep, sorry, the 18th. It arrived late,

    >
    > When (exactly) did it arrive?


    The reason I ask is because unless it arrived Thursday the 22nd or
    after...it wasn't late.
     
    Mark², Mar 20, 2006
    #8
  9. In article <wUpTf.8434$ld2.1468@fed1read11>, Mark² < here)@cox..net>
    wrote:

    > The reason I ask is because unless it arrived Thursday the 22nd or
    > after...it wasn't late.


    It _was_ late; UPS refunded to _their_ customer (B&H) because UPS
    delivered it late, B&H acknowledged the delivery was late, and B&H
    said they would refund me. They didn't. I've been promised a refund
    again.

    Hon - it was delivered late. Thank you.

    --
    Phil Stripling | email to the replyto address is presumed
    The Civilized Explorer | spam and read later. email from this URL
    http://www.cieux.com/ | http://www.civex.com/ is read daily.
     
    Phil Stripling, Mar 20, 2006
    #9
  10. Phil Stripling

    Mark² Guest

    Phil Stripling wrote:
    > In article <wUpTf.8434$ld2.1468@fed1read11>, Mark² < here)@cox..net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> The reason I ask is because unless it arrived Thursday the 22nd or
    >> after...it wasn't late.

    >
    > It _was_ late; UPS refunded to _their_ customer (B&H) because UPS
    > delivered it late, B&H acknowledged the delivery was late, and B&H
    > said they would refund me. They didn't. I've been promised a refund
    > again.
    >
    > Hon - it was delivered late. Thank you.


    Is there some reason why you won't answer a simple question????
    Again...When was it delivered?

    They will promise you a refund if what you say (that it's late) turned out
    to be true.
    If it was delivered on Wednesday, then it wasn't late, and they owe you
    nothing.

    That you won't confirm when it was delivered tells me that you got it by
    Wednesday, and you now realize you are trying to hold them to a promise they
    made when they assumed you were right. From all indications here, you were
    wrong. Likely someone at B&H or UPS figured this out, and they realize that
    they owe you nothing.

    Really, Phil, if you got it by Wednesday, you should be calling B&H back and
    apologizing for trying to get them to give you a refund they don't owe you.
     
    Mark², Mar 20, 2006
    #10
  11. Phil Stripling

    JTS Brown Guest

    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
    news:7HqTf.8522$ld2.7458@fed1read11...
    > Phil Stripling wrote:
    >> In article <wUpTf.8434$ld2.1468@fed1read11>, Mark² < here)@cox..net>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> The reason I ask is because unless it arrived Thursday the 22nd or
    >>> after...it wasn't late.

    >>
    >> It _was_ late; UPS refunded to _their_ customer (B&H) because UPS
    >> delivered it late, B&H acknowledged the delivery was late, and B&H
    >> said they would refund me. They didn't. I've been promised a refund
    >> again.
    >>
    >> Hon - it was delivered late. Thank you.

    >
    > Is there some reason why you won't answer a simple question????
    > Again...When was it delivered?
    >
    > They will promise you a refund if what you say (that it's late) turned out
    > to be true.
    > If it was delivered on Wednesday, then it wasn't late, and they owe you
    > nothing.
    >
    > That you won't confirm when it was delivered tells me that you got it by
    > Wednesday, and you now realize you are trying to hold them to a promise they
    > made when they assumed you were right. From all indications here, you were
    > wrong. Likely someone at B&H or UPS figured this out, and they realize that
    > they owe you nothing.
    >
    > Really, Phil, if you got it by Wednesday, you should be calling B&H back and
    > apologizing for trying to get them to give you a refund they don't owe you.
    >


    What a bunch of assholes you all are.
     
    JTS Brown, Mar 20, 2006
    #11
  12. Phil Stripling

    Mark² Guest

    JTS Brown wrote:
    > "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
    > news:7HqTf.8522$ld2.7458@fed1read11...
    >> Phil Stripling wrote:
    >>> In article <wUpTf.8434$ld2.1468@fed1read11>, Mark² < here)@cox..net>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> The reason I ask is because unless it arrived Thursday the 22nd or
    >>>> after...it wasn't late.
    >>>
    >>> It _was_ late; UPS refunded to _their_ customer (B&H) because UPS
    >>> delivered it late, B&H acknowledged the delivery was late, and B&H
    >>> said they would refund me. They didn't. I've been promised a refund
    >>> again.
    >>>
    >>> Hon - it was delivered late. Thank you.

    >>
    >> Is there some reason why you won't answer a simple question????
    >> Again...When was it delivered?
    >>
    >> They will promise you a refund if what you say (that it's late)
    >> turned out to be true.
    >> If it was delivered on Wednesday, then it wasn't late, and they owe
    >> you nothing.
    >>
    >> That you won't confirm when it was delivered tells me that you got
    >> it by Wednesday, and you now realize you are trying to hold them to
    >> a promise they made when they assumed you were right. From all
    >> indications here, you were wrong. Likely someone at B&H or UPS
    >> figured this out, and they realize that they owe you nothing.
    >>
    >> Really, Phil, if you got it by Wednesday, you should be calling B&H
    >> back and apologizing for trying to get them to give you a refund
    >> they don't owe you.

    >
    > What a bunch of assholes you all are.


    Why?
    --For asking him the basic question of when he got it, yet getting only
    answer-avoidance??
     
    Mark², Mar 20, 2006
    #12
  13. Phil Stripling

    U-Know-Who Guest

    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
    news:7HqTf.8522$ld2.7458@fed1read11...
    > Phil Stripling wrote:
    >> In article <wUpTf.8434$ld2.1468@fed1read11>, Mark² < here)@cox..net>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> The reason I ask is because unless it arrived Thursday the 22nd or
    >>> after...it wasn't late.

    >>
    >> It _was_ late; UPS refunded to _their_ customer (B&H) because UPS
    >> delivered it late, B&H acknowledged the delivery was late, and B&H
    >> said they would refund me. They didn't. I've been promised a refund
    >> again.
    >>
    >> Hon - it was delivered late. Thank you.

    >
    > Is there some reason why you won't answer a simple question????
    > Again...When was it delivered?
    >
    > They will promise you a refund if what you say (that it's late) turned out
    > to be true.
    > If it was delivered on Wednesday, then it wasn't late, and they owe you
    > nothing.
    >
    > That you won't confirm when it was delivered tells me that you got it by
    > Wednesday, and you now realize you are trying to hold them to a promise
    > they made when they assumed you were right. From all indications here,
    > you were wrong. Likely someone at B&H or UPS figured this out, and they
    > realize that they owe you nothing.
    >
    > Really, Phil, if you got it by Wednesday, you should be calling B&H back
    > and apologizing for trying to get them to give you a refund they don't owe
    > you.
    >


    Certainly appears you are correct.
     
    U-Know-Who, Mar 20, 2006
    #13
  14. JTS Brown <> wrote:
    >
    > What a bunch of assholes you all are.
    >
    >


    You and Phil Stripling <> seem to be one of the same.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1
     
    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Mar 20, 2006
    #14
  15. Phil Stripling

    Paul J Gans Guest

    "Mark?" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >JTS Brown wrote:
    >> "Mark?" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
    >> news:7HqTf.8522$ld2.7458@fed1read11...
    >>> Phil Stripling wrote:
    >>>> In article <wUpTf.8434$ld2.1468@fed1read11>, Mark? < here)@cox..net>
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> The reason I ask is because unless it arrived Thursday the 22nd or
    >>>>> after...it wasn't late.
    >>>>
    >>>> It _was_ late; UPS refunded to _their_ customer (B&H) because UPS
    >>>> delivered it late, B&H acknowledged the delivery was late, and B&H
    >>>> said they would refund me. They didn't. I've been promised a refund
    >>>> again.
    >>>>
    >>>> Hon - it was delivered late. Thank you.
    >>>
    >>> Is there some reason why you won't answer a simple question????
    >>> Again...When was it delivered?
    >>>
    >>> They will promise you a refund if what you say (that it's late)
    >>> turned out to be true.
    >>> If it was delivered on Wednesday, then it wasn't late, and they owe
    >>> you nothing.
    >>>
    >>> That you won't confirm when it was delivered tells me that you got
    >>> it by Wednesday, and you now realize you are trying to hold them to
    >>> a promise they made when they assumed you were right. From all
    >>> indications here, you were wrong. Likely someone at B&H or UPS
    >>> figured this out, and they realize that they owe you nothing.
    >>>
    >>> Really, Phil, if you got it by Wednesday, you should be calling B&H
    >>> back and apologizing for trying to get them to give you a refund
    >>> they don't owe you.

    >>
    >> What a bunch of assholes you all are.


    >Why?
    >--For asking him the basic question of when he got it, yet getting only
    >answer-avoidance??


    Why not just back off. It is a trivial matter between him
    and B&H. B&H can check the delivery date if they wish.

    I have every faith that they will do what they need to do.

    And so should you.

    ---- Paul J. Gans
     
    Paul J Gans, Mar 21, 2006
    #15
  16. Phil Stripling

    Mark² Guest

    Paul J Gans wrote:
    > "Mark?" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >> JTS Brown wrote:
    >>> "Mark?" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in
    >>> message news:7HqTf.8522$ld2.7458@fed1read11...
    >>>> Phil Stripling wrote:
    >>>>> In article <wUpTf.8434$ld2.1468@fed1read11>, Mark? <
    >>>>> here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> The reason I ask is because unless it arrived Thursday the 22nd
    >>>>>> or after...it wasn't late.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> It _was_ late; UPS refunded to _their_ customer (B&H) because UPS
    >>>>> delivered it late, B&H acknowledged the delivery was late, and B&H
    >>>>> said they would refund me. They didn't. I've been promised a
    >>>>> refund again.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Hon - it was delivered late. Thank you.
    >>>>
    >>>> Is there some reason why you won't answer a simple question????
    >>>> Again...When was it delivered?
    >>>>
    >>>> They will promise you a refund if what you say (that it's late)
    >>>> turned out to be true.
    >>>> If it was delivered on Wednesday, then it wasn't late, and they owe
    >>>> you nothing.
    >>>>
    >>>> That you won't confirm when it was delivered tells me that you got
    >>>> it by Wednesday, and you now realize you are trying to hold them to
    >>>> a promise they made when they assumed you were right. From all
    >>>> indications here, you were wrong. Likely someone at B&H or UPS
    >>>> figured this out, and they realize that they owe you nothing.
    >>>>
    >>>> Really, Phil, if you got it by Wednesday, you should be calling B&H
    >>>> back and apologizing for trying to get them to give you a refund
    >>>> they don't owe you.
    >>>
    >>> What a bunch of assholes you all are.

    >
    >> Why?
    >> --For asking him the basic question of when he got it, yet getting
    >> only answer-avoidance??

    >
    > Why not just back off. It is a trivial matter between him
    > and B&H.


    No it isn't.
    He made it a public issue when he started badmouthing one of the few good
    companies we have available to us...apparently without base. You will note
    that I started ONLY with factual questions and information. -Not
    accusation. When it became apparent that he was hiding, I smelled a rat,
    and said so. -He still hasn't answered the most pertinent question...
    Back off of what?
    Seeking the true story?
    Sorry, no.
     
    Mark², Mar 21, 2006
    #16
  17. In article <7HqTf.8522$ld2.7458@fed1read11>, Mark² < here)@cox..net>
    wrote:

    > Is there some reason why you won't answer a simple question????
    > Again...When was it delivered?
    >


    Mark", Mark", Mark" - I can't decide whether you're jaw-droppingly
    naive or staggeringly dumb. When _I_ say it was delivered is
    irrelevant. Totally irrelevant. Completely irrelevant. Except for one
    fleeting instant, it is of no interest even to B&H.

    > They will promise you a refund if what you say (that it's late) turned out
    > to be true.


    The refund was promised. It just wasn't delivered. :->

    I have to believe you didn't read my initial post.

    > If it was delivered on Wednesday, then it wasn't late, and they owe you
    > nothing.
    >
    > That you won't confirm when it was delivered tells me that you got it by
    > Wednesday, and you now realize you are trying to hold them to a promise they
    > made when they assumed you were right. From all indications here, you were
    > wrong. Likely someone at B&H or UPS figured this out, and they realize that
    > they owe you nothing.


    Let me explain why my 'confirmation' is irrelevant, hon":

    I decided on an item for a Christmas present, and I needed delivery by
    a certain date, as I was going on vacation. Rather than rely on the
    Website's statement of "in stock," I called and spoke to a person. My
    belief is that when I talk to a customer service person at B&H, that
    man is sitting at a computer terminal with access to information about
    their inventory. I don't know that this is true, but I believe it to be
    true. The person I spoke to assured me the item was in stock and that
    it could be shippped with the delivery I requested. (By the way, I gave
    myself a delivery date a day before my absolutely last day I could get
    it while still at home.)

    We confirmed our details for delivery and my credit card, he gave me an
    order number over the phone, which I wrote down, and by the time I hung
    up and checked email, I had a confirmation of my order with the order
    number in my inbox. I believe this is a product of their computerized
    order system.

    When the item was picked and boxed for shipment, their order department
    scanned in the UPS sticker, and their computer system emailed me again
    alerting me to the status and giving me the UPS tracking number. I
    believe that their system also sends an email to UPS giving them notice
    of the item for pickup ("billing information received" it says). At
    that time, clicking on the tracking number gave me a UPS page saying
    there is no such item and suggesting that I recheck the number I
    entered.

    Eventually, the email from B&H wended its way through UPS computers and
    reached the UPS Web site where I then got a note that UPS had been
    alerted that there was an item to be picked up. Later the page would
    tell me the item was picked up. Then I found that the item had been
    taken to their depot and dropped off by the driver (origin scan), then
    I saw that it had been sent from that depot to their local airport
    facility. And so on. Eventually, I saw that it had left the east coast
    and was winging its way to the west coast, and that delivery was
    scheduled for the date I requested.

    On the date I requested delivery, the UPS Web page said, "out for
    delivery." I made sure to be available to sign for the package. At that
    time, UPS deliveries were being made between 7:00 and 7:30 in the
    evening because of the holiday crush. Unfortunately, 8:00 o'clock
    rolled around, and no delivery. I checked the web site which had the
    notice "THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY CAUSING THIS
    DELAY;FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY" - so it wasn't
    delivered on the day I paid for.

    I checked the next morning and again the notice said scheduled for
    delivery. Again, I waited. A quarter after 7:00 that evening the driver
    delivered the package. I commiserated on his lousy hours, and he said
    he missed having holiday time with his family, especially his young
    child and that the overtime wasn't worth it. I asked about a credit for
    the missed delivery, and he said contact my shipper.

    The next morning I left for vacation. Upon my return, I called B&H to
    ask for a credit for the delivery service I paid for and didn't
    receive, as the order wasn't delivery on time. At that moment, the
    fleeting moment of interest in my assertion of late delivery flickered
    by. The service rep asked for my order number, which I gave him.

    I believe the following happened: he was sitting at his terminal and
    entered my order number in the system. It brought up the information on
    my order showing the item and the delivery method, among other things.
    And among the other things was the tracking number. He followed the
    link to the UPS page and saw not only the UPS-entered delivery date and
    time, but the UPS-entered note that the package was left behind,
    causing the delay. _My_ assertion of delay was irrelevant to the
    decision that I was entitled to a refund.

    In any event, the agent told me the amount of the refund I would
    receive, and we hung up. I checked my statements from January and
    February, and no refund was credited to me. I checked the B&H Web site,
    used their order history to get the order number, and followed the
    tracking link again, noting the additional comment that "A guaranteed
    service refund has been refunded for this package," which I assume went
    to the UPS customer - B&H.

    So I called again. I told Yuri that I hadn't received a promised
    refund, and he asked for my order number. After a pause, he said my
    refund would be processed and that it would take 3 to 5 business days,
    and he again confirmed the amount. I didn't say what the refund was
    for, and he didn't ask - it's in the records maintained by B&H and by
    UPS, records which are not in my control. And the records are still
    available on the Web.

    Hence, I say again, hon", my statements of what date it shipped and
    what date it arrived have no bearing on my entitlement to a refund.

    >
    > Really, Phil, if you got it by Wednesday, you should be calling B&H back and
    > apologizing for trying to get them to give you a refund they don't owe you.


    Hon", hon", hon" - I appreciate your loyalty to B&H, I really do. And
    you keep this thread alive with the subject line "B&H refund failure,"
    keeping my complaint before the eyes of however many dozen people who
    read this newsgroup even though they aren't reading the thread.

    My original post mentioned that B&H had recieved _its_ refund from UPS,
    and it mentioned they agreed to refund me, but you keyed in on dates
    that _I_ say, and that's irrelevant, Mike". It matters not at all what
    date I claim the package arrived, as that date (in fact even the time
    of day - 7:13pm) is generated by UPS and its computer system.

    Again, I have no idea whether you are jaw-droppingly naive that B&H has
    no way to verify customer assertions about delivery or you are
    staggeringly dumb. Based on your ongoing behavior, I'm beginning to
    tilt toward one of the options. I'll await your decision to respond to
    this before I make up my mind.

    Go ahead, Mike". Keep this subject line going. Have you got the true
    story, now? Don't let me off the hook, hon".

    --
    Phil Stripling | email to the replyto address is presumed
    The Civilized Explorer | spam and read later. email from this URL
    http://www.cieux.com/ | http://www.civex.com/ is read daily.
     
    Phil Stripling, Mar 21, 2006
    #17
  18. Phil Stripling

    SamSez Guest

    see, new subject [phil is an idiot]

    Phil Stripling <> wrote in
    news:210320060923529605%:

    [snip]

    a: Phil, get a life.
    b: Phil, plonk.
     
    SamSez, Mar 22, 2006
    #18
  19. Phil Stripling

    Mark² Guest

    Phil Stripling wrote:
    > Go ahead, Mike". Keep this subject line going. Have you got the true
    > story, now? Don't let me off the hook, hon".


    Ya. I got the LOOONG irrelevant details of a story that should have
    begun simply...and ended simply...with those 5 words you have tried so hard
    to avoid...
    ...."I got it on Wednesday."
    -The very day your 2 day shipping package was due.

    Now what was all your whining about again???
     
    Mark², Mar 22, 2006
    #19
  20. Phil Stripling

    Isaiah Beard Guest

    Paul J Gans wrote:

    >> Why?
    >> --For asking him the basic question of when he got it, yet getting only
    >> answer-avoidance??

    >
    > Why not just back off. It is a trivial matter between him
    > and B&H.


    It *stopped* being such a trivial matter between those two aprties when
    he brought the situation here for discussion. Now we ask him a
    question, and he refuses to give a straight answer. So, of course people
    are going to cry foul.


    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
    Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.
     
    Isaiah Beard, Mar 22, 2006
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. gangle

    German demands refund

    gangle, Aug 27, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    520
    trout
    Aug 28, 2003
  2. JR
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    529
    callsignviper
    Oct 22, 2003
  3. News Reader
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    785
  4. News Reader
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    583
    News Reader
    Aug 24, 2006
  5. Replies:
    18
    Views:
    2,466
    Alex Clayton
    Oct 5, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page