    And they moved the exit doors, so I'm standing there like a schmuck
    trying to open the old doors before I realize there're new sliding doors
    just to their right.
    Cynicor, Nov 14, 2007

  2. Cynicor

    Osirus Guest

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:52:39 -0500, Cynicor <>
    wrote:

    >I just went to the B&H physical store in NYC. They've just remodeled and
    >the entire second floor is now dedicated to photography stuff. It's
    >HUMONGOUS. It's like walking into Macy's for cameras. I'm not sure I
    >like it - I kind of liked the old compartmentalized feel when it was on
    >the first floor - but it certainly has tons of stuff now.
    >
    >And they moved the exit doors, so I'm standing there like a schmuck
    >trying to open the old doors before I realize there're new sliding doors
    >just to their right.

    I guess being a jewish bigot and racist is that financially beneficial for them
    to be able to afford all that.

    http://www.epexperts.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2577

    http://www.topix.net/content/ap/2007/10/b-h-settles-discrimination-suit-agrees-to-pay-4-3-million-2

    (+ 22,000 other google hits)

    You won't ever find me touching their new sliding doors, nor even their web
    pages anymore, bought and paid for off of the backs of those they hate and
    exploit.

    They can be made to correct their outward behavior through a court order but it
    will never change their core values and beliefs behind closed doors, you can be
    100% certain of that.

    Are you one of their many peons that they sent out to do damage control all over
    the net now that the owners of B&H have been revealed for who and what they
    really are?
    Osirus, Nov 14, 2007

  3. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Osirus wrote:
    > On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:52:39 -0500, Cynicor <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I just went to the B&H physical store in NYC. They've just remodeled and
    >> the entire second floor is now dedicated to photography stuff. It's
    >> HUMONGOUS. It's like walking into Macy's for cameras. I'm not sure I
    >> like it - I kind of liked the old compartmentalized feel when it was on
    >> the first floor - but it certainly has tons of stuff now.
    >>
    >> And they moved the exit doors, so I'm standing there like a schmuck
    >> trying to open the old doors before I realize there're new sliding doors
    >> just to their right.

    > I guess being a jewish bigot and racist is that financially beneficial for them
    > to be able to afford all that.

    Yawn.

    But thanks for your first post here.
    Cynicor, Nov 14, 2007
  4. Cynicor

    gowanoh Guest

    The B&H store is a Mecca for photographers!
    gowanoh, Nov 14, 2007
  5. "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    >I just went to the B&H physical store in NYC. They've just remodeled
    >and the entire second floor is now dedicated to photography stuff. It's
    >HUMONGOUS. It's like walking into Macy's for cameras. I'm not sure I
    >like it - I kind of liked the old compartmentalized feel when it was on
    >the first floor - but it certainly has tons of stuff now.
    >
    > And they moved the exit doors, so I'm standing there like a schmuck
    > trying to open the old doors before I realize there're new sliding
    > doors just to their right.

    I've been to their store only once, last summer. They have a second
    floor? Did they use it for retail space before the remodeling?
    Pete Stavrakoglou, Nov 15, 2007
  6. Cynicor

    Osirus Guest

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 19:41:53 -0500, "Pete Stavrakoglou" <>
    wrote:

    >"Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    >>I just went to the B&H physical store in NYC. They've just remodeled
    >>and the entire second floor is now dedicated to photography stuff. It's
    >>HUMONGOUS. It's like walking into Macy's for cameras. I'm not sure I
    >>like it - I kind of liked the old compartmentalized feel when it was on
    >>the first floor - but it certainly has tons of stuff now.
    >>
    >> And they moved the exit doors, so I'm standing there like a schmuck
    >> trying to open the old doors before I realize there're new sliding
    >> doors just to their right.

    >I've been to their store only once, last summer. They have a second
    >floor? Did they use it for retail space before the remodeling?

    No, that's where they were feeding gruel to all their Hispanic slave-labor.
    After the lawsuit they had to find some other use for that space. You can read
    about it on the following links, 2 of the many examples.

    Osirus, Nov 15, 2007
  7. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
    > "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    >> I just went to the B&H physical store in NYC. They've just remodeled
    >> and the entire second floor is now dedicated to photography stuff.
    >> It's HUMONGOUS. It's like walking into Macy's for cameras. I'm not
    >> sure I like it - I kind of liked the old compartmentalized feel when
    >> it was on the first floor - but it certainly has tons of stuff now.
    >>
    >> And they moved the exit doors, so I'm standing there like a schmuck
    >> trying to open the old doors before I realize there're new sliding
    >> doors just to their right.

    > I've been to their store only once, last summer. They have a second
    > floor? Did they use it for retail space before the remodeling?

    They used to have offices and a small area where they sold used
    equipment. The whole thing is open up now, and I think they moved the
    offices to where the cameras used to be because it's blocked off there now.
    Cynicor, Nov 15, 2007
  8. B&H has ok service, but they could have better prices. But, then I guess
    they feel their god dictates that everything be sold at SRP.

    The Spider
    The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muf, Nov 15, 2007
  9. Cynicor

    Charles Guest

    In article <473bc3ea$0$14071$>, The Spider
    Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muffet <> wrote:

    > B&H has ok service, but they could have better prices. But, then I guess
    > they feel their god dictates that everything be sold at SRP.

    Don't expect B&H prices to come down. Their expansion has to be
    expensive. I was there yesterday and the expansion is large. Not just
    space wise. There appeared to be many more employees than before, (and
    more diverse too) and also more security than before. I think customers
    who visit the store are going to have a better experience. All the
    major brands have their own sections with lots of demo units to try and
    a lot of customer help. I think the expansion is great, just takes some
    getting used to the new setup.

    Interestingly, yesterday when I was there the Canon area was mobbed
    with people trying out their cameras and the Nikon area had very few
    people looking.

    --
    Charles
    Charles, Nov 15, 2007
  10. Cynicor

    PCs Rule Guest

    wrote in message news:473bc3ea$0$14071$...
    > B&H has ok service, but they could have better prices. But, then I guess
    > they feel their god dictates that everything be sold at SRP.
    >
    > The Spider

    There's just no end to some people showing how stupid they are.
    PCs Rule, Nov 15, 2007
  11. Cynicor

    henryp Guest

    On Nov 14, 9:52 am, Cynicor <> wrote:
    > I just went to the B&H physical store in NYC. They've just remodeled and
    > the entire second floor is now dedicated to photography stuff. It's
    > HUMONGOUS. It's like walking into Macy's for cameras.

    Thanks.
    --
    Henry Posner
    B&H Photo-Video
    henryp, Nov 15, 2007
  12. Cynicor

    Allen Guest

    OsirIs was the Egyptian god of the dear. Is OsirUS a missoelling, or is
    Osirus the god of the brain-dead?
    Allen, Nov 15, 2007
  13. Charles wrote:
    > In article <473bc3ea$0$14071$>, The Spider
    > Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muffet <> wrote:
    >
    >> B&H has ok service, but they could have better prices. But, then I guess
    >> they feel their god dictates that everything be sold at SRP.

    > Don't expect B&H prices to come down. Their expansion has to be
    > expensive.

    LOL, so you think they can base their prices on the cost of the
    expansion, rather than competing on price with other top-rated retailer's?
    =?UTF-8?B?U01TIOaWr+iSguaWh+KAoiDlpI8=?=, Nov 15, 2007
  14. Cynicor

    ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:30:09 -0500, Cynicor wrote:

    >> I guess being a jewish bigot and racist is that financially beneficial for them
    >> to be able to afford all that.

    > Yawn.
    >
    > But thanks for your first post here.

    It's its first post in this thread, but ye olde sock puppet has
    been around for some time now. 'Tis also not the first time that
    its own brand of brownshirtism has been seen.
    ASAAR, Nov 15, 2007
  15. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    henryp wrote:
    > On Nov 14, 9:52 am, Cynicor <> wrote:
    >> I just went to the B&H physical store in NYC. They've just remodeled and
    >> the entire second floor is now dedicated to photography stuff. It's
    >> HUMONGOUS. It's like walking into Macy's for cameras.

    > Thanks.

    No problem, Henry! Can I have my $5 now?
    Cynicor, Nov 16, 2007
  16. Cynicor

    B&H=BIGOTS Guest

    On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:12:00 -0500, Cynicor <>
    wrote:

    >henryp wrote:
    >> On Nov 14, 9:52 am, Cynicor <> wrote:
    >>> I just went to the B&H physical store in NYC. They've just remodeled and
    >>> the entire second floor is now dedicated to photography stuff. It's
    >>> HUMONGOUS. It's like walking into Macy's for cameras.

    >> Thanks.

    >No problem, Henry! Can I have my $5 now?

    Not if you're Hispanic. Call them up and talk with an Hispanic accent and see if
    you can get any price-match deals.
    B&H=BIGOTS, Nov 16, 2007
  17. Cynicor

    Charles Guest

    In article <473cd583$0$79887$>, SMS
    <> wrote:

    > LOL, so you think they can base their prices on the cost of the
    > expansion, rather than competing on price with other top-rated retailer's?

    Their overhead could affect their ability to discount prices. There
    seemed to be a lot of added employees and there were many more demo
    cameras on display than there used to be. It is a large expansion. Of
    course if the store gets more volume because of the expansion then that
    could cover the increased overhead. I think the expansion is great for
    those who can get to the store. I was able to handle a Canon 40D right
    next to a Canon 5D and compare and they had several bodies of each with
    different lenses on display. There were also employees there to answer
    questions. It is a great place to shop and handle the equipment.

    --
    Charles
    Charles, Nov 16, 2007
  18. "Charles" <> wrote in message
    > In article <473cd583$0$79887$>, SMS
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> LOL, so you think they can base their prices on the cost of the
    >> expansion, rather than competing on price with other top-rated
    >> retailer's?

    > Their overhead could affect their ability to discount prices. There
    > seemed to be a lot of added employees and there were many more demo
    > cameras on display than there used to be. It is a large expansion. Of
    > course if the store gets more volume because of the expansion then that
    > could cover the increased overhead. I think the expansion is great for
    > those who can get to the store. I was able to handle a Canon 40D right
    > next to a Canon 5D and compare and they had several bodies of each with
    > different lenses on display. There were also employees there to answer
    > questions. It is a great place to shop and handle the equipment.
    >
    > --
    > Charles

    Doubtful that this new expansion would have any effect on the discounting
    since they never discounted. If I am pushed I will buy from them, but I will
    look at other places for at least a price that is a bit below SRP. In this
    day and age there is no reason what-so-ever to pay SRP.

    The Spider

    --
    Ignorance really is bliss, just look how happy President Bush is.
    The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muf, Nov 16, 2007
  19. Cynicor

    Charles Guest

    In article <473d2682$0$14144$>, The Spider
    Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muffet <> wrote:

    > Doubtful that this new expansion would have any effect on the discounting
    > since they never discounted. If I am pushed I will buy from them, but I will
    > look at other places for at least a price that is a bit below SRP. In this
    > day and age there is no reason what-so-ever to pay SRP.

    Their prices are competitive with other major retailers.

    If I know exactly what I want I check a bunch of online retailers and
    could order from any. Including B&H.

    When I need to handle or compare equipment I go to the B&H store. Then
    I usually do order from them.

    --
    Charles
    Charles, Nov 16, 2007
  20. Charles wrote:

    > Interestingly, yesterday when I was there the Canon area was mobbed
    > with people trying out their cameras and the Nikon area had very few
    > people looking.

    That's because all of the Nikon shooters have preordered their D3s and
    D300s. Canon is offering a two for one incentive to get people to buy the
    unwanted 40D.

    Rita
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Nov 16, 2007