    other schools.

    http://time.com/69316/basic/

    Patrick

    Patrick FitzGerald, May 3, 2014

  2. Patrick FitzGerald

    Pooh Guest

    On 4/05/2014 8:39 a.m., george152 wrote:
    > On 03/05/14 19:07, EMB wrote:
    >
    >> And it's 41 years ago this month that my favourite platform for running
    >> BASIC was released - the Wang 2200.
    >>

    > Bought my first computer a Dick Smith Wizzard in 1982.
    > Called it 'Syntax error' as that seemed to be all it could display for a
    > while

    Sinclair ZX81 from PSIS about then. Games were hard to find that were
    load and play. There was a magazine that had game code in it. Makes me
    much more appreciative of current systems.

    Pooh

    Pooh, May 4, 2014

  3. Patrick FitzGerald

    Gordon Guest

    On 2014-05-04, Pooh <> wrote:
    > On 4/05/2014 8:39 a.m., george152 wrote:
    >> On 03/05/14 19:07, EMB wrote:
    >>
    >>> And it's 41 years ago this month that my favourite platform for running
    >>> BASIC was released - the Wang 2200.
    >>>

    >> Bought my first computer a Dick Smith Wizzard in 1982.
    >> Called it 'Syntax error' as that seemed to be all it could display for a
    >> while

    > Sinclair ZX81 from PSIS about then. Games were hard to find that were
    > load and play. There was a magazine that had game code in it. Makes me
    > much more appreciative of current systems.

    Unlike poltics.

    Gordon, May 4, 2014
  4. Patrick FitzGerald

    Pooh Guest

    On 5/05/2014 8:33 p.m., EMB wrote:
    > On 4/05/2014 4:41 p.m., Pooh wrote:

    >>> Bought my first computer a Dick Smith Wizzard in 1982.
    >>> Called it 'Syntax error' as that seemed to be all it could display for a
    >>> while

    >> Sinclair ZX81 from PSIS about then. Games were hard to find that were
    >> load and play. There was a magazine that had game code in it. Makes me
    >> much more appreciative of current systems.

    > You had a ZX81 - you lucky bastard. I "only" had a ZX80.

    Only problem with it was the keyboard. I've seen several recent
    cellphones with bigger ones :O)

    Pooh

    Pooh, May 5, 2014