B-17 and B-24 photo gallery

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Birk Binnard, May 7, 2005.

  1. Birk Binnard

    Birk Binnard Guest

    Birk Binnard, May 7, 2005

  2. Birk Binnard

    mike regish Guest

    Nice shots!

    I tok a ride in "909" a couple of years ago. It was with a different B-24,
    though. That one had a dragon on it. I can't remember its name.

    You gave me a lot of ideas on shots I should have gotten. I was shooting
    film then, though, and had to limit my numbers.

    mike

    mike regish, May 7, 2005

  3. Birk Binnard

    Guest

    Birk Binnard wrote:
    > For those of you who love warbirds please take a look at my latest
    > gallery of B-17 and B-24 photos. The direct link is
    > http://www.birkbinnard.com/photography/warbirds.

    These are excellent photos with closeups which make a tremendous
    impact:shots of the interiors of B17s and B24s are fairly unusual and I
    found them fascinating.

    I am old enough to remeber WW2, which I spent in East
    Anglia(Newmarket)1939-1945 as an evacuee from London, when enormous
    formations of these aircraft en route to, or returning from,
    Europe,leaving hundreds of contrails at a great height, were a regular
    sight; very thrilling!

    I recall spending an exciting time exploring a B17E which had made a
    forced landing in a field, due to battle damage; the block of
    multi-layered glass forming the tailgunners window had been hit by a
    number of bullets which had not penetrated very far - fortunately for
    the gunner!
    , May 7, 2005
  4. The Dragon and It's Tail (nee All-America). My dad was tail gunner on
    a -24 during WWII... I saw it in Portsmouth, NH a few years ago.

    Bruce Coryell, May 7, 2005
  5. Birk Binnard

    mike regish Guest

    That's the one! I saw it at Keene. Just happened to be flying in there for
    lunch when I noticed them parked at another ramp. They had a seat on the
    B-17 and took plastic. Spent most of my ride in the nose bubble, flying low
    over the NH hills.

    mike

    mike regish, May 7, 2005