    down position.

    3. The only other option I have is to clear CMOS via jumper switch.

    Any other thoughts or advice would be helpful

    Dinotech Computer Services, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Dinotech Computer Services

    °Mike° Guest

    Enter your BIOS and load the failsafe defaults. Exit and
    save your settings, then power off.

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:21:19 GMT, in
    <zjXQb.19967$U%5.157196@attbi_s03>
    Dinotech Computer Services scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Dinotech Computer Services

    Trax Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:21:19 GMT, "Dinotech Computer Services"
    <> wrote:

    |>Just flashed the BIOS and it works fine if you only reset the computer. If
    |>you power it off, the computer will not boot -- power is on, but it sits
    |>there until you hit the reset button.

    Dinotech Computer Services huh? Farming this out? Do I get a commission if I
    tell you a reset bypasses a portion of the bios post test?

    |>1. I feel its a power suppy issue since the first state is with power on
    |>(resetting the computer) and the second state is with the power off.
    |>2. I have replaced the CMOS battery, but it still will not boot from a shut
    |>down position.
    |>
    |>3. The only other option I have is to clear CMOS via jumper switch.
    |>
    |>Any other thoughts or advice would be helpful

    --
    ,,
    ( "> w

    Trax, Jan 26, 2004
  4. No, just wanted to see if I was on the right track. I did Load Optimized
    Defaults but it didn't seem to work. I may try the jumper and clear CMOS
    that way.

    As far as the portion of the POST test being bypassed. I assume its the
    memory test because I did place two sticks of memory in there before the
    flash. That would explain it not booting.

    Dinotech Computer Services, Jan 26, 2004