Azureus is aware, are you

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    Okay people, scams abound, as do nasty people.

    Just updated my version of Azureus, and upon testing this popped up.

    IMPORTANT AZUREUS INFORMATION FOLLOWS
    We would like to remind our users that there is only 1 place to get
    the official Azureus client, which is http://azureus.sourceforge.net.
    Both the official version (2.1.0.4) and the CVS versions can be
    downloaded there.
    WE DO NOT ISSUE FIXES / PATCHES through any other web-site, and our
    updates NEVER come as .exe files.
    Many adware / spyware / virus
    versions of Azureus are running around the net these days, so we
    ask you NOT to update from any non-official site.
    WHEN AN UPDATE IS OFFICIAL, AZUREUS WILL TELL YOU SO.
    DO NOT PATCH OR UPDATE YOUR AZUREUS FROM OTHER SITES!
    If you have already done so, you are urged to install an
    adware / spyware / virus removal tool, as you may have been infected.
    Thanks, The Azureus Team

    Unquote.

    See, gentle people you need be aware.

    Do we trust sourceforge? Well in a place where the bash the heck out of
    the source, while allowing anyone who wishes to check out what they are
    doing, in a manner or speaking, the answer has to be sure I do.

    I find it interesting, and let us hope not, but iot is ahead of the times,
    new an many illneses are discovered to attack the Penguin. For you see
    people, as of now, I see the above warning message as proof that Azureus
    is indeed a cross platform programme. Pity some parts of the platform are
    sagging at present.

    Gordon, Oct 25, 2004