Aware of Nero 6 problems with Vista and "Your Uninstaller?"

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bill Stout, Oct 13, 2007.

  1. Bill Stout

    Bill Stout Guest

    Yeah, I got the "This version of Nero, is incompatible with
    Vista," message when I installed Nero Ultra 6. And I didn't look
    to see first whether there was an update for it, [There is, it's
    called Nero 8, and comes with a stiff upgrade price]. I installed
    6t anyway because Vista let me and I figured I could fix it,
    whatever went wrong.

    Not so far.

    I can't use any Windows DVD Maker, Movie Maker, or even browse
    folders that contain these files. If I try, I get Rundll.exe
    errors, COM Surrogate errors, and many other ambiguous errors.

    I've been on the phone with MS for 3 hours in 3 sessions, [they're
    all east Indians, and trying to understand what they say makes it
    at least twice as long getting anything done, can Clinton fix
    this?], and they'd rather try to keep fixing Vista than agree that
    my reinstalling the OS might be a better idea. Guess they need
    willing guinea pigs. OK, I might learn something. I do try never
    to miss an opportunity to do that.

    The last guy suggests I reinstall Nero Ultra 6, and then download
    install and run "Your Uninstaller," leave all my services shut
    down, and start up programs completely shut down and run it over
    the weekend and on Monday he'll call me to see how things went.
    Didn't take me that long to find out "Your Uninstaller," is
    complete crapola, it doesn't even see Nero at all! Harrumph.

    The new RegSupremePro however, seems to find stuff I didn't even
    know I had, including Nero here, Nero there, Nero Everywhere! [Be
    careful with it]. OK, I think I'm pretty much as cleaned up as I
    can get. Off to try some WDVDM and MM! Can't wait for SP1 to get
    out, maybe they'll let me beta test it, ha ha ha.

    I'll never need Nero again, I have learned that much in Deep
    Burner and InfraRecorder and ImgBurn, thank god for these people!
    Now if anybody knows a compatible streaming Quicktime movie
    capture, I'll be all set.

    Bill
    Bill Stout, Oct 13, 2007

  2. Bill Stout

    Guest

    Bill Stout <> wrote:

    >Now if anybody knows a compatible streaming Quicktime movie
    >capture, I'll be all set.

    VLC http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    Capture stream: http://www.oreilly.com/pub/h/3769

    There is no install with VLC if you don't want, just download the 7zip
    file and unzip to a directory and create a shortcut on your desktop.

    --

    Audio Raider uses the Google AJAX Search API to uncover open
    directories of music files

  3. Bill Stout

    kráftéé Guest

    Bill Stout wrote:
    > Yeah, I got the "This version of Nero, is incompatible with
    > Vista," message when I installed Nero Ultra 6. And I didn't look
    > to see first whether there was an update for it, [There is, it's
    > called Nero 8, and comes with a stiff upgrade price]. I installed
    > 6t anyway because Vista let me and I figured I could fix it,
    > whatever went wrong.

    You were warned that it was not compatable, installed it & now your
    getting frustrated because you can't fix it???

    Little clue if it is over 3-4 years old (your copy of Nero must be) &
    Vista says it's incompatable, guess what.........it is.

    You let yourself down from go so don't blame anybody else.

    Nero8 has been available for a few months now (from most sources) so
    why didn't you get a copy???
    kráftéé, Oct 16, 2007