    alleged students think it's fun to change/add a different p/w.

    TIA
    Frank

    Frank, Mar 1, 2004

  2. On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:03:38 +0200, Frank wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a backdoor p/w for an Award bios vn 6.00 PG as supplied
    > on a DFI m/b model PM 12 TL?
    > I've tried all the standard ones - but no success
    > I know I can always open the box and *reset* the CMOS but it's a hassle when
    > so many machines are involved i.e. at the end of training sessions where the
    > alleged students think it's fun to change/add a different p/w.
    >

    > TIA
    > Frank

    According to my lists V6.00PG doesn't have a "backdoor" password but the
    following list of Award passwords might help.

    Good luck.

    j64
    lkw peter
    lkwpeter
    PASSWORD
    SER
    setup
    SKY_FOX
    SWITCHES_SW
    Sxyz
    SZYX
    t0ch20x
    t0ch88
    TTPTHA
    TzqF
    wodj
    zbaaaca
    Award
    AWARD_SW
    lkwpeter
    LKWPETER
    j262
    j256
    ?award
    1322222
    SY_MB
    256256
    admin
    alfarome
    aLLy
    aPAf
    award
    awkward
    BIOS
    biosstar
    biostar
    admin
    CONCAT
    condo
    CONDO
    admin
    g6PJ
    h6BB
    HELGA-S
    HEWITT RAND
    HLT
    j09F
    j322

    Regards
    Gordon

    Gordon Darling, Mar 1, 2004

  3. "Frank" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of a backdoor p/w for an Award bios vn 6.00 PG as

    supplied
    > on a DFI m/b model PM 12 TL?
    > I've tried all the standard ones - but no success
    > I know I can always open the box and *reset* the CMOS but it's a hassle

    when
    > so many machines are involved i.e. at the end of training sessions where

    the
    > alleged students think it's fun to change/add a different p/w.

    Don't know of one. You might want to think of putting one on yourself,
    though, once you've fixed the problem!

    --

    Hairy One Kenobi

    in the first place. So there!

    Hairy One Kenobi, Mar 2, 2004
  4. On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:04:51 -0000, "Hairy One Kenobi"
    <abuse@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

    >"Frank" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know of a backdoor p/w for an Award bios vn 6.00 PG as

    >supplied
    >> on a DFI m/b model PM 12 TL?
    >> I've tried all the standard ones - but no success
    >> I know I can always open the box and *reset* the CMOS but it's a hassle

    >when
    >> so many machines are involved i.e. at the end of training sessions where

    >the
    >> alleged students think it's fun to change/add a different p/w.

    >Don't know of one. You might want to think of putting one on yourself,
    >though, once you've fixed the problem!

    That's good advice - assuming the students don't need to access the
    bios ( for training, perhaps? ).
    There's usually two options - one for setting a p/word for the whole
    system, and another that just protects the bios.

    If your student need access to the bios then there's not a lot you
    can do to prevent them from playing silly buggers ( apart from a quiet
    word in their shell-likes ).

    Failing that, a belt and braces approach might be to run a cable from
    the shorting pins to a discreet microswitch on the rear of the case,
    allowing you to clear the bios without having to dismantle the machine
    again.

    If used in conjunction with a bios backup utility ( of which there are
    many available freeware ), your life would be much improved!

    Regards,

    www.shwoodwind.co.uk

    Stephen Howard, Mar 2, 2004