    than leaving the desktop on all the time. I am unable to run Ethernet cables
    so AOL is not possible. Both machines have XP Pro. Does anyone have any
    ideas how this might be achieved? Any help would be very much appreciated.

    Stu, Jan 7, 2006

  2. Stu

    Lem Guest

    Stu wrote:

    > I have a Laptop and a Desktop with Linksys wireless cards. They are
    > connected to each-other via a Linksys Router. I use the Laptop as a client
    > to connect to the Desktop as a Host using a Remote Desktop Connection. I
    > would like to be able to wake the desktop from Standby or Hibernation rather
    > than leaving the desktop on all the time. I am unable to run Ethernet cables
    > so AOL is not possible. Both machines have XP Pro. Does anyone have any
    > ideas how this might be achieved? Any help would be very much appreciated.

    Wireless Wake On Lan (WOL) is a relatively new feature. I don't know if
    any Linksys equipment yet supports this. Your best bet would be to go
    to the Linksys web site and ask their "Live Chat" folks. Alternatively,
    try the forums at http://www.linksysinfo.org/ (where they discuss the
    capabilities of the customized 3rd party firmware available for many
    Linksys products) or at http://www.dslreports.com/

    Lem, Jan 7, 2006