    I would really appreciate some help on this.

    Thanks in advance
    Shamah
    Shamah, Apr 27, 2004

  2. Shamah

    Trent SC Guest

    > I seem to be having problems running my virus checker, while in middle
    > of scanning the c:drive an error appears stating:
    >
    > "AVP32 has occurred an error in kernel32.dll
    > avp will now close.....restart your computer"
    >
    > OS is windows me and virus checker is kaspersky anti virus
    > I would really appreciate some help on this.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Shamah

    The virus bugbear is known to attempt to disable a number of popular anti
    virus applications, and this site
    (http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/alerts/id/advise133) suggests that AVP32 is
    one of the applications that it will terminate, so there's a possibility
    that you may have a virus infection. Try going to
    http://housecall.antivirus.com to run an online scan/cleanup.
    Trent SC, Apr 27, 2004

  3. Shamah

    °Mike° Guest

    First of all, clean out your system:

    Uninstall KAV and run AT LEAST two on-line
    scanners:

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    ================

    Reinstall and update KAV, and if you still have problems,
    see:

    Troubleshooting KERNEL32.DLL Errors
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/kernel32.php

    Troubleshooting Kernel32.dll errors and Invalid Page Faults
    http://www.all-windows.com/kernel32.html

    Kernel32 - Errors
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/errkrn32.htm

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:49:04 +0100, in