    dozens of emails daily, all posts to the group! It doesn't help to killfile
    the emails, as they all have different source addresses.

    What is wrong with these YAHOO IDIOTS?
    Howard Davis, Jan 17, 2004

  2. Some time ago I subscribed to a Yahoo TV engineers group and the amount of
    spam I've started receiving since is unbelievable. Like you I am still
    receiving all the s**t even though I have unsuscribed so I can vouch for
    what you say.

    --

    Kenny

    "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

    "Howard Davis" <> wrote in message
    > I made the mistake of subscribing to a Yahoo discussion group, even though

    > had technical problems with them in the past. I specifically indicated on
    > signing up that I did NOT want to receive emails of all the posts to the
    > group, which you have the option to do.
    >
    > Guess what? I started receiving DOZENS of emails daily, all posts to the
    > group. I requested this be stopped, and was told to go to the preferences
    > page and make sure I had indicated I didn't want them. The page showed I

    had
    > so indicated, and still they kept coming.
    >
    > I was advised to unsubscribe and resubscribe to the group. This didn't

    help
    > either.
    >
    > Then a few days ago I unsubscribed from the group entirely, but I STILL

    get

    Kenny Cargill, Jan 17, 2004

  3. Howard Davis

    George Guest

    Some of it comes either directly from Yahoo or directly from Yahoo
    employees. Case in point: When I registered, I listed my name as "Anon
    Ymous" along with my real home mailing address. Well, lo and behold, I
    actually received "brick and mortar" junk mail addressed to "Anon Ymous" at
    my home address. Obviously, I've never given out "Anon Ymous" as my name
    anywhere but on Yahoo. My take is that they are not trustworthy or hire
    questionable people.

    George, Jan 17, 2004
  4. "Howard Davis" <> wrote in message
    I made the mistake of subscribing to a Yahoo discussion group, even though I
    had technical problems with them in the past. I specifically indicated on
    signing up that I did NOT want to receive emails of all the posts to the
    group, which you have the option to do.

    Guess what? I started receiving DOZENS of emails daily, all posts to the
    group. I requested this be stopped, and was told to go to the preferences
    page and make sure I had indicated I didn't want them. The page showed I had
    so indicated, and still they kept coming.

    I was advised to unsubscribe and resubscribe to the group. This didn't help
    either.

    Then a few days ago I unsubscribed from the group entirely, but I STILL get
    dozens of emails daily, all posts to the group! It doesn't help to killfile
    the emails, as they all have different source addresses.

    What is wrong with these YAHOO IDIOTS?

    I organized a radio club on Yahoo. I had it
    "listed" so that prospective persons could join. Next thing I knew, Yahoo
    was complaining that I was not answering e-mails and we were suspended
    until I took appropriate action. Well, what had happened was that my
    computer had a system to block "inappropriate" junk and it was doing just
    that. Ultimately I sent some of the porno ads, coming in from Yahoo sites
    to the club page, back to the Yahoo administrators for consideration. The
    net result was thay "de-listed" the club and nobody has joined since. Come
    to think of it, I am not sure how to navigate to the club page although
    there seems to be no impediment to e-mail exchange.. Just my experience in
    a nut-shell. VE7AFN.
    John S. MacKay, Jan 17, 2004