    5 minutes, says "Your call is important to us, so we've placed you in a
    queue"!

    Just wanted to get a whinge off my chest.

    Howard, Aug 20, 2003

  2. "Howard" <> wrote in message
    news:guD0b.121428$...
    > I have just spent the last hour waiting on the phone for D-Link technical
    > support because my new ADSL modem won't install.
    >
    > At the end of one hour I called up again on a second phone and asked their
    > sales dept what was going on. He said the one technical staffer they had

    was
    > out to lunch (at 3pm Sydney time), and they don't normally have enough
    > technical support call handlers.
    >
    > Some service. Especially when the tech call waiting message, repeated

    every
    > 5 minutes, says "Your call is important to us, so we've placed you in a
    > queue"!
    >
    > Just wanted to get a whinge off my chest.

    No surprise here. I personally prefer Belkin products.

    --
    Mauricio Freitas

    Mauricio Freitas, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Howard

    R-Slicks Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:15:55 +1200, "Howard" <>
    wrote:

    >Some service. Especially when the tech call waiting message, repeated every
    >5 minutes, says "Your call is important to us, so we've placed you in a
    >queue"!

    Man that pisses me off when companies do that !
    Have to say, though, that we resell D-Link gear and have never had a
    problem...

    --
    DO NOT reply to - it is simply a spam catch.
    You can, if you wish, try "news .at. preou .dot. com"

    R-Slicks, Aug 20, 2003
  4. "R-Slicks" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:15:55 +1200, "Howard" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Some service. Especially when the tech call waiting message, repeated

    every
    > >5 minutes, says "Your call is important to us, so we've placed you in a
    > >queue"!

    > Man that pisses me off when companies do that !
    > Have to say, though, that we resell D-Link gear and have never had a
    > problem...

    Well, here comes my experience then. I've posted a rant on Geekzone a couple
    of months ago, about companies that do not reply e-mails. DLINK is not the
    first, but what happened was really badL I've sent an e-mail to DLINK sales,
    with return receipt. I was asking about their Bluetooth products, to review
    on my site (like supplier like TDK, Belkin, Bluetake and others do).

    The receipt returned 32 times. Yes, the e-mail bounced and was forwaded to
    thirty-two different people inside DLINK, and I received a return receipt
    for each one with their names/emails/organisation department. I had a
    complet org chart. Anyway, no one of these 32 recipients replied to me.

    I then waited another month and forwarded the information to DLINK in U.S.
    In a couple of days I was contacted by people from their Australian
    operation saying that they don't usually reply e-mails, but to contact so
    and so in New Zealand to arrange a demo.

    Well, so no one amongts 32 people could read and understand an e-mail and
    act on it?

    Of course after this bad treatement I decided not to have their product on
    Geekzone - at least until they have their act together.

    --
    Mauricio Freitas

    Mauricio Freitas, Aug 20, 2003
  5. Most tech support guys are morons at these sort of companies.

    What D-link modem do you have and is it Ext or Internal?

    There's a common setting that defaults on some ISPs which is wrong on these
    Internal ones

    --
    Regards,
    LJ Boyd

    Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd, Aug 20, 2003
  6. Howard

    Miro Guest

    "Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd" <> wrote in
    message news:3f432fed$...
    > Most tech support guys are morons at these sort of companies.

    What a complete load of shit.

    Miro, Aug 20, 2003
  7. Have you dealt with many? I know I have and I hate it.

    Needs to check with her ISP what her VPI & VCI settings are as d-link's
    drivers are pretty messed up when it comes to those...

    Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd, Aug 20, 2003
  8. You sound like a complete moron straight from your own ass/arse.

    Have a look at the original post. He was complaining about their tech
    support/cust. service. I have found this case to be the same with dozens of
    companies in my dealings. And it's only getting worse, with them all going
    overseas.

    Are you a tech support guy? Or just defensive of them in general?

    Operating Manuals... well since most are written by Chinese people
    translating to Engrish, and the fact that they expect you to be an expert on
    installation hardware now days, manuals are utterly useless.

    I'll stick by my VPI/VCI configuration on the Modem. That is THE most
    common problem I've seen with people buying D-Link Internal Modems.

    BTW, sorry, I'm not from LA :)

    Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd, Aug 20, 2003
  9. Howard

    Miro Guest

    "Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd" <> wrote in
    message news:3f435d01$...
    > You sound like a complete moron straight from your own ass/arse.
    >
    > Have a look at the original post. He was complaining about their tech
    > support/cust. service. I have found this case to be the same with dozens

    of
    > companies in my dealings. And it's only getting worse, with them all

    going
    > overseas.

    Yeah it must be D-Links fault ...... the customer doesnt know what to do.

    Miro, Aug 20, 2003
  10. Howard

    C Guest

    " Miro" <> wrote in message

    > "Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd" <> wrote in
    > message news:3f435d01$...
    > > You sound like a complete moron straight from your own ass/arse.
    > >
    > > Have a look at the original post. He was complaining about their tech
    > > support/cust. service. I have found this case to be the same with

    dozens
    > of
    > > companies in my dealings. And it's only getting worse, with them all

    > going
    > > overseas.

    > Yeah it must be D-Links fault ...... the customer doesnt know what to do.

    Precisely!! Tech. support/customer service hotlines...........for customers
    who don't know what to do!!!!
    Do you really support the notion of "no after sales support"?? That would
    appear to rather unprofessional. If D-Link offer the support, they should
    honour their promise and provide it.

    C, Aug 20, 2003
  11. Howard

    colinco Guest

    colinco, Aug 20, 2003
  12. Howard

    Miro Guest

    "C" <> wrote in message

    > " Miro" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd" <> wrote in
    > > message news:3f435d01$...
    > > > You sound like a complete moron straight from your own ass/arse.
    > > >
    > > > Have a look at the original post. He was complaining about their tech
    > > > support/cust. service. I have found this case to be the same with

    > dozens
    > > of
    > > > companies in my dealings. And it's only getting worse, with them all

    > > going
    > > > overseas.

    > > Yeah it must be D-Links fault ...... the customer doesnt know what to

    do.

    > Precisely!! Tech. support/customer service hotlines...........for

    customers
    > who don't know what to do!!!!
    > Do you really support the notion of "no after sales support"?? That would
    > appear to rather unprofessional. If D-Link offer the support, they should
    > honour their promise and provide it.

    Is that like the traffic jam at peak hour ? Does that mean we dont have
    roads at peak hour ?

    Miro, Aug 20, 2003
  13. Howard

    Miro Guest

    "colinco" <> wrote in message
    > In article <3f435dec$0$28121$>, Miro
    > wrote...
    > > Yeah it must be D-Links fault ...... the customer doesnt know what to

    do.

    > D-Link's approval from Telecom was conditional on idiot proof
    > instructions being included with the modem.

    I hate to think what that implies.

    Miro, Aug 20, 2003
  14. Exactly ...

    I think Miro's thinking is slighty skewed. He can't help it though. Pour
    soul. :)

    Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd, Aug 21, 2003
  15. Howard

    Miro Guest

    "Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Exactly ...
    >
    > I think Miro's thinking is slighty skewed. He can't help it though. Pour
    > soul. :)

    You should read the stats on why people phone tech support. Telstra has
    about 75% of calls to tell people to switch on the equipment. So now D-Link
    is at fault since people are just plain stupid and clog the system.

    I bet it turns out that most of the problem lies with the OS and not D-Link
    proudcts.

    Miro, Aug 21, 2003
  16. "C" <> wrote in message

    > " Miro" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Megatoolz.com - Computers, Etc - LJ Boyd" <> wrote in
    > > message news:3f435d01$...
    > > > You sound like a complete moron straight from your own ass/arse.
    > > >
    > > > Have a look at the original post. He was complaining about their tech
    > > > support/cust. service. I have found this case to be the same with

    > dozens
    > > of
    > > > companies in my dealings. And it's only getting worse, with them all

    > > going
    > > > overseas.

    > > Yeah it must be D-Links fault ...... the customer doesnt know what to

    do.

    > Precisely!! Tech. support/customer service hotlines...........for

    customers
    > who don't know what to do!!!!
    > Do you really support the notion of "no after sales support"??

    Bra companies don't!

    The person you think, Aug 21, 2003
  17. Howard

    R-Slicks Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:42:42 +1200, "Mauricio Freitas"
    <> wrote:

    >Well, here comes my experience then. I've posted a rant on Geekzone a couple
    >of months ago, about companies that do not reply e-mails. DLINK is not the
    >first, but what happened was really badL I've sent an e-mail to DLINK sales,
    >with return receipt. I was asking about their Bluetooth products, to review
    >on my site (like supplier like TDK, Belkin, Bluetake and others do).
    >
    >The receipt returned 32 times. Yes, the e-mail bounced and was forwaded to
    >thirty-two different people inside DLINK, and I received a return receipt
    >for each one with their names/emails/organisation department. I had a
    >complet org chart. Anyway, no one of these 32 recipients replied to me.
    >
    >I then waited another month and forwarded the information to DLINK in U.S.
    >In a couple of days I was contacted by people from their Australian
    >operation saying that they don't usually reply e-mails, but to contact so
    >and so in New Zealand to arrange a demo.
    >
    >Well, so no one amongts 32 people could read and understand an e-mail and
    >act on it?
    >
    >Of course after this bad treatement I decided not to have their product on
    >Geekzone - at least until they have their act together.

    Fair enough ! Can't really argue with that I guess ! :)

    R-Slicks, Aug 21, 2003
  18. Howard

    [BnH] Guest

    Where you got your modem from?
    Try contacting your reseller first.

    Normally its just plain mistake connecting the device first before
    installing the driver [ DSL-200 problem ]

    =bob=

    [BnH], Aug 21, 2003