    audio AND can fit onto a cdr.

    Would EasyDivx do the job?

    Any help appreciated.

    Helpneeded, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Helpneeded

    ñKs Guest

    ROTFLMAO...

    "Helpneeded" <> wrote in message
    news:bs0at9$u7m$...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Hope you can help. A frind of mine has recorded a video by doing this:
    >
    > He used a Webcam which pointing at a television which was playing a vhs,
    > whilst the cam was pointing it was recording the video into the PC.
    >
    > He then converted the .avi file into a compliant svcd file format, he used
    > Tmpgenc to do it. The problem that he's got is that there's no audio in

    the
    > svcd file that was created and also the file is over 800megabytes. He's
    > asked me how to convert the original video file in to an svcd file which

    has

    ñKs, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Helpneeded

    Helpneeded Guest

    That's what I thought when he first told me what he did and wanted to do.

    Helpneeded, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Helpneeded

    gangle Guest

    "Helpneeded" wrote
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Hope you can help. A frind of mine has recorded a video by doing this:
    >
    > He used a Webcam which pointing at a television which was playing a vhs,
    > whilst the cam was pointing it was recording the video into the PC.
    >
    > He then converted the .avi file into a compliant svcd file format, he used
    > Tmpgenc to do it. The problem that he's got is that there's no audio in the
    > svcd file that was created and also the file is over 800megabytes. He's
    > asked me how to convert the original video file in to an svcd file which has
    > audio AND can fit onto a cdr.
    >
    > Would EasyDivx do the job?

    As to the sound, he simply doesn't understand how to use all of his
    hardware and software. He will just have to learn. As to size, you
    can't put 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag. An SVCD (with sound)
    takes 20 MB per minute...period. For standard 700 MB CDs, that
    means 35 minutes per CD....period. He could encode as a VCD @
    10 MB/min., and get 70 minutes on a 700 MB CD, but the quality
    will be, of course, lower.

    gangle, Dec 20, 2003
  5. Helpneeded

    MrToad Guest

    "Helpneeded" <> Ran in the back door
    and shouted news:bs0at9$u7m$:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > Hope you can help. A frind of mine has recorded a video by doing
    > this:
    >
    > He used a Webcam which pointing at a television which was playing a
    > vhs, whilst the cam was pointing it was recording the video into the
    > PC.
    >
    > He then converted the .avi file into a compliant svcd file format, he
    > used Tmpgenc to do it. The problem that he's got is that there's no
    > audio in the svcd file that was created and also the file is over
    > 800megabytes. He's asked me how to convert the original video file in
    > to an svcd file which has audio AND can fit onto a cdr.
    >
    > Would EasyDivx do the job?
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

    There's a far easier why to do this.
    Using VirtualDub to capture the vid & sound, [www.virtualdub.org/], and
    using both the video and audio outs on the vcr deck, connect them to your
    Video in & Line in respectively, and import the video directly to the PC,
    virtualDub can use the different codecs availible on his system to keep
    the file size down, [Divx, Xvid, etc].
    If he's trying to defeat the Macrovision copyright protection on a
    commercial tape, then he will need to use a Macrovision decoder between
    the vcr & PC, and they aren't cheap....

    --
    MrToad

    MrToad, Dec 20, 2003
  6. try dvd2svcd it has an option to convert avi.
    further advice on this tool can be gathered from here
    http://www.dvd2dvd.org/

    Major Bastard, Jan 3, 2004