    video editing S/W. Quality after conversion is much lower.

    --
    TIA, Mike
    Mike, Feb 28, 2004

  2. Mike

    colin Guest

    colin, Feb 28, 2004

  3. Try changing the avi suffix to mpeg or mpg. It worked for me but it might
    depend on how your file assciations are set up.

    --
    Dave C.

    Please remove the two words CUT and OUT to reply to me directly.
    "colin" <> wrote in message

    > Mike <> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone know of a good (& free) one? I have tried the one included

    in

    http://download.pegasys-inc.com/download_files/TMPGEnc-2.521.58.169-Free.zip

    Dave Cardarelli, Feb 28, 2004
  4. Try changing the mpeg suffix sto avi. It might work. It has for me
    depending how you have your file associations set up.

    Dave Cardarelli, Feb 28, 2004
  5. Mike

    colin Guest

    Hi Dave

    Encode your avi file with tmpgenc to mpg, and notice the difference in size.

    colin

    colin, Feb 28, 2004
  6. Nik Vansevenant, Feb 28, 2004
  7. Mike

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Dave Cardarelli" <> wrote in news:40409c2f.0
    @paperboy.c4.net:

    > Try changing the mpeg suffix sto avi. It might work. It has for me
    > depending how you have your file associations set up.

    How do you feel renaming the file improves it's quality?

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Feb 28, 2004
  8. It did not improve quality at all and it stays about the same. On my
    previous computer (Win98, PII or PIII, can't recall) for some reason or
    other, I could not get my file associations (or did not know how) to set up
    to read and play avi videos very well. Changing the suffix to mpeg played
    them satisfactory. However, all is well on my P4 with XP.

    Dave Cardarelli, Feb 29, 2004
  9. Mike

    Professor Guest

    There is a program that converts from any format to to any format and I
    think it is by Blaze. You can use it free for 14 days.

    Professor, Mar 2, 2004
  10. Mike

    Professor Guest

    Blaze can convert from any format to any other and it is free for two weeks.

    Professor, Mar 7, 2004