    said unrecognized format. Is the kodak producing true quicktime? If
    anyone has done this could you pleez let me know the encoding
    configuration or header requirements. Thanks
    WW, May 8, 2005

  2. WW

    Ron Hunter Guest

    WW wrote:
    > I am trying to do something that is maybe in reverse to many. I would
    > like to convert avi to kodak mov. I have quicktime. I have tried a
    > conversion by matching the video properties from a vid taken with the
    > camera. The video encoded fine but when I transfered it from my
    > computer to the 1gig sd. and put it back in the camera for viewing it
    > said unrecognized format. Is the kodak producing true quicktime? If
    > anyone has done this could you pleez let me know the encoding
    > configuration or header requirements. Thanks

    Cameras often play ONLY their specific format with their specific
    headers. They are written to expect that header, and no other. You
    will find the same situation with many programs that produce JPEG files
    that most cameras can't handle.

    --
    Ron Hunter
    Ron Hunter, May 8, 2005

  3. WW

    Ronald Baird Guest

    Greetings WW,

    Not sure you can do that WW if you are using a Kodak camera. Actually, the
    QuickTime MOV is an industry-standard format used by many digital
    still-picture camera manufacturers. As with the JPEG format that is used for
    still images (the primary purpose of EasyShare cameras), the QuickTime MOV
    format provides a video capture file that can be used on most computer
    operating systems and platforms.

    Kodak EasyShare digital cameras include the free QuickTime Player software.
    If you're interested in more sophisticated editing capabilities, there are
    many MOV editors available from several companies. I think Apple gets around
    $25 or so for an upgraded version that lets you edit and export the MOV to
    other formats.

    If you change a Kodak image file header, the file will not likely work in
    your camera any longer.

    Talk to you soon, WW, let me know if have any other questions.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ronald Baird, May 9, 2005