    from?
    --
    Thou shalt not admit adultry.
    PuppyKatt, May 21, 2004

  2. PuppyKatt

    Jono Guest

    Jono, May 21, 2004

  3. PuppyKatt

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 14:18:20 -0500, "PuppyKatt" <>
    wrote:

    >My dad and I are networked, both running XP Home, and we both use
    >Windows Media Player for watching movies, etc. Some of the stuff we
    >have play okay, but not all. For example, .avi only play the sound, not
    >the movies, and .divx do not play at all.
    >1) Dad downloaded and installed A1 Video Converter so he can change the
    >.avi stuff to .mpeg, but each attempt gives him the following error
    >message: Video format unsupported. He went throuth the help files, and
    >double-checked his settings, but no such luck at converting anything.
    >He can't even convert from mpeg to avi. Is there a better program that
    >will convert?
    >
    >2) I downloaded a movie in .divx format, and each time I attempt to
    >play it, I get a message saying error trying to download codecs. How
    >can I pla this format? What codecs do I need, and where can I get them
    >from?

    Codec resources and alternatives:
    http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/finalbuilds.htm

    First, download and run "Gspot". Then use it to open the file and determine
    the exact codec needed.
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    DivX 3.11:
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divxcodec.html

    DivX 5.x
    http://www.divx.com/divx/

    MPEG2 Decoder Package
    http://www.elecard.com/download/

    http://video-codec.8m.com/codecs.htm

    http://www.xvid.org/
    http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

    Nimo pack.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html

    FFDSHOW.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html

    Download the MS-MPEG-4v3 codec fix (Win9x/NT4)
    on: http://www.moviecodec.com/download/codecs.shtml

    Compression Codecs (Huge list)
    http://dshow.narod.ru/

    Download the K-Lite Codec pack. This contrains the most uptodate video and
    audio codecs.
    http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

    ACE Mega Codec Pack Professional Edition has practically every codec you
    need or ever wanted.
    http://www.click-now.net/downloads.htm

    http://abmefaq.net for all your Multimedia answers

    Audio Codecs Resources