    Farmer Creek Guest

    Any help with information about joining, and/or viewing AVI files would be
    appreciated!!
    Farmer Creek, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Farmer Creek

    jovan Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:00:54 GMT, Farmer Creek <>
    wrote:

    >Any help with information about joining, and/or viewing AVI files would be
    >appreciated!!

    Use google, type in JAS splitter joiner
    It's free and works great.
    joevan
    jovan, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Farmer Creek

    jovan Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:27:13 GMT, jovan <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:00:54 GMT, Farmer Creek <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Any help with information about joining, and/or viewing AVI files would be
    >>appreciated!!

    >Use google, type in JAS splitter joiner
    >It's free and works great.
    >joevan

    Playing movies depends on your OS. If they won't play then do a google
    for AVI video player.
    joevan
    jovan, Jul 3, 2004
  4. Farmer Creek

    Richard Guest

    "Farmer Creek" <> wrote in message
    > Any help with information about joining, and/or viewing AVI files would be
    > appreciated!!

    AVI files can be a nightmare.
    First, you need to know which of the hundreds of codecs to use.
    To join split files use "Combine and decode" or a program or the batch file
    if one was included.

    www.jas-etc.com Just another splitter.
    www.tomasoft.com mastersplitter.
    www.divx,com beware that the later versions are spyware.
    Richard, Jul 3, 2004
  5. Farmer Creek

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:00:54 GMT, Farmer Creek <> wrote:

    >Any help with information about joining, and/or viewing AVI files would be
    >appreciated!!

    Combine:
    "xxx.mpg" (01/50) tells us this is part 1 of 50 parts.
    Use "Combine and Decode" to join:
    Highlight the files you want to combine & decode.
    (Click the first, hold "Shift" or "Control"
    to select the rest of the group)
    From Outlook: Select "Message", "Combine & Decode"

    Multiple:
    For multiple files (xxx.mpg.001, xxx.mpg.002, etc):
    "xxx.mpg.050" tells us this is part 50 of the file but we have
    no idea how many parts are needed unless there is also a "xxx.bat"
    file which is the stand-alone joiner, and lists the number of files
    in the set. To join without "xxx.bat", you MUST have "xxx.mpg.001".
    "xxx.mpg.001" is the first file of the set and the rest of the set will be
    appended to it as "xxx.mpg". If "xxx.mpg.000" is missing, the joined
    set may not be complete as "xxx.mpg.000" has the checksum and
    the number of parts needed to make a complete file.

    Save all the files to a folder, then combine them with the
    "xxx.bat". If "xxx.bat" is missing, then use one of the below
    programs to join the files using "xxx.mpg.001" as the start file.
    "MasterSplitter" http://www.tomasoft.com or
    "HJ-Split" http://freebyte.com/hjsplit/ or
    "Just Another Splitter" http://www.jas-etc.com

    "r00" is a piece of a split WinRAR file. It's a compression file similar
    to Winzip. You need the first part "xxxx.rar" to expand the set.
    http://www.rarlab.com

    Download ALL the parts, DON'T "join" this type of file. Save the parts,
    then double click "xxxx.rar" to begin the decompression.

    "p01" is a PAR file used for correcting errors.
    Par files are used to rebuild missing files in a spanned archive.
    Smart Par
    http://www.disc-chord.com/smartpar/
    http://www.disc-chord.com/smartpar/info.html
    http://ice.prohosting.com/smartpar/releases/SmartPAR_0.11d1.zip
    http://www.geocities.com/smartpar_1/smartpar.zip

    SmartPar Tutorial
    http://www.smr-usenet.com/tutor/smartpar.shtml
    http://www.slyck.com/smartpar.php
    http://www.slyck.com/ng.php?page=6

    What is yEnc?
    http://www.yenc.org/whatis.htm

    yEnc links and information:
    http://www.brawnylads.com/yproxy
    http://www.smr-usenet.com/software/misc.shtml Download
    "The Yenc utilities". They include yencpowerpost,
    yenc for Agent, ydecode, yencode and more
    http://www.yenc.org
    http://code.blitzaffe.com/delphi/
    http://www.uwekeller.de/index.html...giganews free newsreader
    http://www.co.jyu.fi/~ap/bnr.html freeware

    40tude Dialog (Freeware)
    http://www.40tude.com/dialog/

    Agent is probably the best, and well worth the money.
    http://www.forteinc.com

    Full/Free Agent (try/buy)
    ftp://ftp.forteinc.com/pub/agent/english/a32en193.exe
    Unk, Jul 3, 2004