    Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards
    Bill
    Bill P, Jan 20, 2006

  2. Bill P

    old jon Guest

    "Bill P" <> wrote in message
    news:dqr75q$g3n$...
    > Hi
    > Could someone please recommend a program to edit some background white
    > noise from an avi file. It has been created with a digital camera. I have
    > tried GoldWave and it gets rid of the hiss but when I come to save it, it
    > will not overwrite the existing file.
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Regards
    > Bill

    You could save it as a new file. Then if it`s successful delete the
    original.

    --
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Jan 20, 2006

  3. Bill P

    Bill P Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "Bill P" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> Could someone please recommend a program to edit some background white
    >> noise from an avi file. It has been created with a digital camera. I have
    >> tried GoldWave and it gets rid of the hiss but when I come to save it, it
    >> will not overwrite the existing file.
    >> Any help would be appreciated.
    >> Regards
    >> Bill
    >>

    > You could save it as a new file. Then if it`s successful delete the
    > original.
    >
    > --
    > bw..OJ

    Hi OJ
    I tried that but there was no video, just the de-hissed audio.
    Bill
    Bill P, Jan 20, 2006
  4. Bill P

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Bill P" <> wrote in

    > "old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Bill P" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>> Could someone please recommend a program to edit some background
    >>> white noise from an avi file. It has been created with a digital
    >>> camera. I have tried GoldWave and it gets rid of the hiss but when I
    >>> come to save it, it will not overwrite the existing file.
    >>> Any help would be appreciated.
    >>> Regards
    >>> Bill
    >>>

    >> You could save it as a new file. Then if it`s successful delete the
    >> original.
    >>
    >> --
    >> bw..OJ
    >>

    > Hi OJ
    > I tried that but there was no video, just the de-hissed audio.

    Goldwave only edits audio.

    You need to mutiplex the new, de-hissed audio with the old video.
    You can do this with VirtualDub
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1.6.12.zip?download
    Some instructions
    http://www.doom9.org/virtualdub_procedures.htm#Audio_options

    --
    fred
    fred-bloggs, Jan 20, 2006
  5. Bill P

    Mitch Guest

    In article <dqr75q$g3n$>, Bill P
    <> wrote:

    > but when I come to save it, it will not
    > overwrite the existing file.

    Where is the file? I assume you thought to remove it from the camera
    storage first?

    When you save it, do you change the name? do you change the directory?
    If you do either of those, it should allow you to save the file -- no
    overwriting is necessary!
    Mitch, Jan 20, 2006
  6. Bill P

    Mitch Guest

    In article <dqrbdv$pus$>, Bill P
    <> wrote:

    > > You could save it as a new file. Then if it`s successful delete the
    > > original.

    > I tried that but there was no video, just the de-hissed audio.

    You tried saving the audio, and it worked?
    Didn't you just write that you couldn't save it?

    You tried saving the audio file from the audio editor, and you are
    complaining that it only saved audio?
    Why is that a problem? Sounds like you got what you wanted!
    Mitch, Jan 20, 2006
  7. Bill P

    Bill P Guest

    "fred-bloggs" <> wrote in message
    > "Bill P" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Bill P" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> You could save it as a new file. Then if it`s successful delete the
    >>> original.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> bw..OJ
    >>>

    >> Hi OJ
    >> I tried that but there was no video, just the de-hissed audio.

    > Goldwave only edits audio.
    >
    > You need to mutiplex the new, de-hissed audio with the old video.
    > You can do this with VirtualDub
    > http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1.6.12.zip?download
    > Some instructions
    > http://www.doom9.org/virtualdub_procedures.htm#Audio_options
    >

    > --
    > fred

    Thanks Fred
    Bill P, Jan 20, 2006
  8. Bill P

    dogsBollix Guest

    "Bill P" <> wrote in

    > "old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Bill P" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>> Could someone please recommend a program to edit some background white
    >>> noise from an avi file. It has been created with a digital camera. I
    >>> have tried GoldWave and it gets rid of the hiss but when I come to
    >>> save it, it will not overwrite the existing file.
    >>> Any help would be appreciated.
    >>> Regards
    >>> Bill
    >>>

    >> You could save it as a new file. Then if it`s successful delete the
    >> original.
    >>
    >> --
    >> bw..OJ
    >>

    > Hi OJ
    > I tried that but there was no video, just the de-hissed audio.
    > Bill

    because goldwave is an audio editor ?
    you could use virtualdub to split the video and audio
    use goldwave (or another audio editor) to cleanup the audio
    use virtualdub to recombine video and audio

    dB
    dogsBollix, Jan 20, 2006