    120 hdd
    1 gig processor
    640 sdram
    Pj, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Pj

    Ionizer Guest

    Does the sound synch problem exist in the original avi file? I'll assume
    not, or you probably wouldn't have decided to burn it as a vcd (or svcd or
    dvd- you didn't specify.) The problem may have nothing to do with the way
    you created your disk- it may just be the limitations of your DVD player
    that you are seeing.

    I burned my first DVD from a perfect avi file recently and was disappointed
    to see the same thing you're experiencing- the sound might be fine at first
    but then it's way off. Try playing this disk of yours on your computer. If
    it plays fine there, and it just might, you may just need to go out shopping
    for a new DVD player- and take that video disk with you to try on any unit
    you are thinking of purchasing.

    By the way, a wealth of info about video files, including some info about
    sound synch problems, can be found by searching this site:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/search.php

    Regards,
    Ian.

    "Pj"<> wrote in message
    > hi all.
    > I'm having a headache of a time with my avi film. For the past 3

    days
    > I have been trying to convert my avi film to mpg. That's the easy part! I
    > can play it in my dvd player,picture lovely. The sound is out of sync.I

    have
    > looked for more info and have tried many things people suggested.
    > None work! I'll try and give you as much info as poss. The film is: Video
    > stream 25.000fps DivX Mpeg-4 low motion.
    > The Audio(the problem) is: 48000hz ,2 channel, Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3
    > Codec. I have read about this codec being lazy. My audio as a varible
    > bitrate. I have tried many ways of extracting the sound to wav,etc. None

    as
    > worked so far. If this is not possible to line up the audio with the
    > video,then at least I can give up trying. Please help. I'm at my wits

    end!!

    Ionizer, Jun 28, 2003

  3. Pj

    Pj Guest

    <snip>
    Thanks Ian for replying.
    Yes the avi is in sync,but when trying to
    convert to mpg this damn codec is causing problems. I will not believe JUST
    yet that it can't be done. The mpg film is out of sync in all my desktop
    media players and on my dvd player(vcd supported). I have tried lots of
    different little programs and to no avail. I was hoping someone might of had
    to problem too and found the solution(I wish!).
    It all goes wrong on converting. Using Vdub and tmpgenc plus tried many
    others. DOH!!!!
    Thanks again.
    Pj ;0)
    Pj, Jun 28, 2003
  4. Pj

    un8bf Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:35:13 +0000 (UTC), "Pj" <>
    wrote:

    >hi all.
    > I'm having a headache of a time with my avi film. For the past 3 days
    >I have been trying to convert my avi film to mpg. That's the easy part! I
    >can play it in my dvd player,picture lovely. The sound is out of sync.I have
    >looked for more info and have tried many things people suggested.
    >None work! I'll try and give you as much info as poss. The film is: Video
    >stream 25.000fps DivX Mpeg-4 low motion.
    >The Audio(the problem) is: 48000hz ,2 channel, Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3
    >Codec. I have read about this codec being lazy. My audio as a varible
    >bitrate. I have tried many ways of extracting the sound to wav,etc. None as
    >worked so far. If this is not possible to line up the audio with the
    >video,then at least I can give up trying. Please help. I'm at my wits end!!
    >Thanks for reading.
    >Pj.
    >Win xp pro
    >120 hdd
    >1 gig processor
    > 640 sdram

    Your avi is PAL format. Did you possibly encode to NTSC by mistake?

    Don't know what all you've tried but here are some of the things I
    fiddle with to correct a/v sync:

    When using tmpg to encode I use a wav file source rather than the avi
    file.

    Use Goldwav to add/delete silence in the wav file before encoding with
    tmpg. Demux the mpg with tmpg and use that audio file in Goldwav to
    adjust accordingly.

    Use Virtualdub audio interleaving to add/delete silence in the audio.

    Virtualdub sometimes gives an error code when it detects an improper
    vbr audio so I'll convert to wav and use that as the audio source for
    tmpg.
    un8bf, Jun 28, 2003