    removed codeces for a week and still have problems playing some videos
    including no sound. Have WMP 9, Win XP. Need help.

    , Jul 11, 2004

  2. Ionizer Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I think that's what it's called. I've Goggled, G-Spotted and added and
    > removed codeces for a week and still have problems playing some videos
    > including no sound. Have WMP 9, Win XP. Need help.

    And what is the problem with the aspect ratio of the image?

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jul 11, 2004

  3. Guest

    It's too wide compared to the height.

    burp

    -----

  4. wrote:

    > On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 21:32:57 -0400, "Ionizer" <> wrote:
    >
    >><> wrote in message
    >>> I think that's what it's called. I've Goggled, G-Spotted and added and
    >>> removed codeces for a week and still have problems playing some videos
    >>> including no sound. Have WMP 9, Win XP. Need help.

    >>And what is the problem with the aspect ratio of the image?

    > It's too wide compared to the height.

    [top posting corrected]

    By the sound of things, you are looking at a 1.33:1 video in an anamorphic
    ("unsqueezed") format. Check on this: if things are as you describe, a
    circle looks like an oval that is widest in the horizontal plane. If, on
    the other hand, the circle is taller than it is wide, you are looking at an
    anamorphic [squeezed] movie without using the unsqueezing option. Either
    way, I'm certain there is an adjustment for it. Have you tried going
    through the program's settings? Have you tried right-clicking on the image
    while the movie is playing?
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 12, 2004
  5. On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:07:32 +1000, wrote:

    >I think that's what it's called. I've Goggled, G-Spotted and added and
    >removed codeces for a week and still have problems playing some videos
    >including no sound. Have WMP 9, Win XP. Need help.

    First off, Goggling only helps if your swimming under water, or
    wanting to look down under water while swimming. G-Spotting will only
    help you become a better lover. Removing codeces will only help you
    to have more problems playing video files for the most part. If your
    problem you are having a problem with is the aspect ratio, then you'll
    need a program like aviedit, videoedit, virtualdub, etc.... But, be
    fair warned, the only way to change the aspect ratio is to make the
    picture look weird. People in the video will either become fatter or
    skinnier, depending on how you change the aspect. Of course, you
    could opt to chop the top and bottom and do it the way professional
    videos do it...

    John H. Guillory, Jul 12, 2004