    Any ideas appreciated.

    Thanks

    BU

    Bolt Upright, Oct 3, 2007

  2. Bolt Upright wrote:

    > I used to have a boot up scanner, but not anymore.

    Turn it back on in the program's options.

    > Any ideas appreciated.

    Why do you need it? It is going to delay your boot time drastically. A
    boot time scan is rarely necessary, unless you believe your computer to
    be infected. Same goes for Inbound and Outbound email scanning; not
    necessary. As long as the program is running in the background, it will
    prevent you from executing a virus program. Or it should, if your
    definitions are up-to-date, and the virus is old enough to be in the
    database.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 3, 2007

  3. Bolt Upright

    Bolt Upright Guest

    > Bolt Upright wrote:
    >
    >> I used to have a boot up scanner, but not anymore.

    > Turn it back on in the program's options.

    I can't find it in the program options.

    >> Any ideas appreciated.

    > Why do you need it? It is going to delay your boot time drastically. A
    > boot time scan is rarely necessary, unless you believe your computer to
    > be infected. Same goes for Inbound and Outbound email scanning; not
    > necessary. As long as the program is running in the background, it will
    > prevent you from executing a virus program. Or it should, if your
    > definitions are up-to-date, and the virus is old enough to be in the
    > database.
    >
    > --
    > -bts

    Hmmmm okay.
    I liked it though.

    Thanks

    BU

    Bolt Upright, Oct 4, 2007
  4. Bolt Upright

    bassbag Guest

    Bolt Upright wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    > message
    > > Bolt Upright wrote:
    > >
    > > > I used to have a boot up scanner, but not anymore.

    > > Turn it back on in the program's options.

    > I can't find it in the program options.
    >

    > > > Any ideas appreciated.

    > > Why do you need it? It is going to delay your boot time
    > > drastically. A boot time scan is rarely necessary, unless you
    > > believe your computer to be infected. Same goes for Inbound and
    > > Outbound email scanning; not necessary. As long as the program is
    > > running in the background, it will prevent you from executing a
    > > virus program. Or it should, if your definitions are up-to-date,
    > > and the virus is old enough to be in the database.
    > >
    > > -- -bts
    > > -Motorcycles defy gravity; cars just suck

    > Hmmmm okay.
    > I liked it though.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > BU

    The boot up scanner only shows on pre XP OS...have you "upgraded" your
    os?.If not some updates seem to render it inoperable.Perform a repair
    of AVG by starting setup.exe again.
    me

    bassbag, Oct 6, 2007
  5. Bolt Upright

    Plato Guest

    Bolt Upright wrote:

    > I used to have a boot up scanner, but not anymore.
    > Any ideas appreciated.

    Got too many anti-virus apps set to run when windows atarts? eg, many
    anti-virus just dont like to run if competing products are also set to
    run 24/7.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Oct 7, 2007