    I have to temporarily make IE6 the default, update, and then switch back.

    Any work arounds?

    Thanks

    SHRED, Aug 26, 2004

  2. SHRED

    Andreas Guest

    SHRED wrote:

    > AVG will not connect to the web, for updating my virus database, while
    > Mozilla is set as my default browser.
    >
    > I have to temporarily make IE6 the default, update, and then switch back.
    >
    > Any work arounds?
    >
    > Thanks

    Try downloading the User Agent Switcher and change the UA. This will
    make Moz pretend its IE. http://useragentswitcher.mozdev.org/index.html

    Andreas

    To contact me remove the NOSPAM

    Andreas, Aug 26, 2004

  3. SHRED

    derek / nul Guest

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:30:05 -0700, SHRED <> wrote:

    >AVG will not connect to the web, for updating my virus database, while
    >Mozilla is set as my default browser.

    Its no problem here with either set as default??

    derek / nul, Aug 26, 2004
  4. SHRED

    Gordon Abbot Guest

    SHRED wrote:

    > AVG will not connect to the web, for updating my virus database, while
    > Mozilla is set as my default browser.
    >
    > I have to temporarily make IE6 the default, update, and then switch back.
    >
    > Any work arounds?
    >
    > Thanks

    Maybe it is your firewall?

    GA

    --
    My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

    Gordon Abbot, Aug 26, 2004
  5. SHRED

    mike555 Guest

    SHRED <> wrote in message news:<VtdXc.19714$4o.12084@fed1read01>...
    > AVG will not connect to the web, for updating my virus database, while
    > Mozilla is set as my default browser.
    >
    > I have to temporarily make IE6 the default, update, and then switch back.
    >
    > Any work arounds?
    >
    > Thanks

    ==== you might need " SetBrowser" , from ...
    http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/freeware/setbrowser/ ... if you have