    anti-virus programs running at the same time may cause stability problems.

    My question is this. Anyone use Antivir and is it good enough for me to
    uninstall AVG and go with Antivir instead? Thanks.

    Bud Light, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Bud Light

    kenny Guest

    forget about those and use AVAST home that is far superior and also free

    kenny, Mar 3, 2005

  3. Bud Light

    Bud Light Guest

    I'll look into it. Thanks.

    Bud Light, Mar 3, 2005
  4. Bud Light

    Nowhere Guest

    I've used both you mentioned. Now got Avast Home, and it's the best of them.

    Nowhere, Mar 3, 2005
  5. Bud Light

    Plato Guest

    Bud Light wrote:

    > I currently have AVG free installed on my system. Came upon a link touting
    > another virus checker called Antivir. It's also freeware and got some good
    > reviews. During the installation phase I got a message saying that multiple
    > anti-virus programs running at the same time may cause stability problems.
    >
    > My question is this. Anyone use Antivir and is it good enough for me to
    > uninstall AVG and go with Antivir instead? Thanks.

    You dont want 2 running all the time, but you do WANT 2 installed. Use
    the second one as a double check now and then.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 3, 2005
  6. Bud Light

    elaich Guest

    "kenny" <> wrote in

    > forget about those and use AVAST home that is far superior and also free

    Avast is a resource hog.

    elaich, Mar 3, 2005
  7. Bud Light

    kenny Guest

    perhaps you have a slow computer....

    kenny, Mar 3, 2005
  8. Bud Light

    willicajr54918691

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Carlos

    Yes. It is good enough. I've used it for a couple of years now but look at the latest copy of PC Magazine with the Security Article. It has some interesting things to say.

    Personally I like Anti-Vir and it always updates when it encounters an open connection to the web. You simply set it to recognize the open web portal.

    I haven't had any problems with viruses, or trojans, etc. I also use Ad-Aware and Spybot Freeware and between these I have very little problem with malicious software.

    If AVG is working well, why fix it if it's not broken?
    8)

    willicajr54918691, Apr 2, 2007