    --
    M.See

    ---
    m.see, Mar 6, 2004

  2. m.see

    Lisa Taylor Guest

    "m.see" <> wrote in message
    news:D0t2c.222$...
    > Hi,
    > anyone one else having problems updating ?
    > Ver 6.0.601
    > --
    > M.See

    Yup - since Friday. It says a connection to the internet cannot be found.

    Lisa
    Lisa Taylor, Mar 6, 2004

  3. m.see

    Rob K Guest

    m.see wrote:
    > Hi,
    > anyone one else having problems updating ?
    > Ver 6.0.601

    Yes.

    AVG update is "difficult" - have first seen this last friday on an old
    system ;
    have just checked on my own machine which has version 6.0.598 (!)- same
    prob.

    AVG is free and does a reasonable job - so why complain ?

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Mar 7, 2004
  4. m.see

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: m.see stated for the record...
    > Hi,
    > anyone one else having problems updating ?
    > Ver 6.0.601

    Yes indeedee.
    These things are sent to try us. ;-)
    slylittlei, Mar 7, 2004
  5. m.see

    Sultan Guest

    m.see wrote in news:D0t2c.222$:

    > Hi,
    > anyone one else having problems updating ?
    > Ver 6.0.601
    > --
    > M.See
    >

    > ---

    Updating as I type without a problem.

    Sultan
    Sultan, Mar 7, 2004
  6. m.see

    Ron Guest

    Stolen ;-) from another newsgroup - but I did on a Win98 and 2000 and
    problem solved.
    Ron

    Names removed

    I've had no luck connecting through the update manager (free.grisoft.cz)
    for
    >over
    >2 days now. I know, I can get it manually, but does anyone know the reason
    >for this? Are they just busy, or are attacked, or have they changed their
    >server? Is there any alternative server other than free.grisoft.cz ?
    >V.6
    >Thanks

    copy this into ur URL.INI file in the avg6 folder
    all three of my systems were able to upadte after doing this
    although their website is still really slow, or non-respansive

    [SERVER_NAME]
    1=free.grisoft.cz
    2=ftp.grisoft.com
    3=www.grisoft.com

    [SERVER_URL]
    1=http://free.grisoft.cz/softw/60/fe
    2=ftp.grisoft.com/pub/softw/60/fe/
    3=http://www.grisoft.com/softw/60/fe/
    Actual URL=3

    Ron, Mar 7, 2004
  7. m.see

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick, Mar 7, 2004
  8. m.see

    trout Guest

    m.see wrote:

    > Hi,
    > anyone one else having problems updating ?
    > Ver 6.0.601

    I just updated without a problem. The problems seem to occur when
    you get a couple behind (currently at 6.0.614).
    Better go get caught up.
    http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_updt6.php?lng=fe
    --
    "Make sure you get the correct update for your present version."
    trout, Mar 7, 2004
  9. m.see

    Baalrog Guest

    The fix from Ron Worked fine but only after I selected www.grisoft.com in
    the dropdown on the main control centre (current database is 05/03/2004)

    --
    Regards Ron...........

    Baalrog, Mar 7, 2004
  10. m.see

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 15:06:45 -0000, "Baalrog"
    <> wrote:

    >The fix from Ron Worked fine but only after I selected www.grisoft.com in
    >the dropdown on the main control centre (current database is 05/03/2004)
    >
    >--
    >Regards Ron...........

    I found that out the other day, thanks "Baalrog" you too Ron. I
    downloaded it (database 05/03/2004) that is, to the file for updates
    in the AVG folder and then when I clicked on update on the main pane
    of AVG it went through without a hitch.
    It is a bit different from the automatic from Norton but it seems to
    be a decent av.
    joevan
    joevan, Mar 7, 2004
  11. m.see

    Rob K Guest

    Baalrog wrote:
    > The fix from Ron Worked fine but only after I selected www.grisoft.com in
    > the dropdown on the main control centre (current database is 05/03/2004)

    <snip>

    Same here.
    Tx Baalrog.

    --