AVG+Trojan

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by anOLDun, Nov 26, 2004.

  1. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Lo All

    I scanned for a virus in a doc in my floppy Drive and here is what i got
    back:-

    A pop-up window confirmed "virus"healed

    From the "Test results" page i found the following info:-

    "RESULT -Trojan horse Downloader.small.7.ad
    "STATUS - infected, Embedded object

    ..........but when i ran AVG again it was still there.

    I checked to see if it had been moved into the "vault"....the vault has a
    "virus" from an email downloaded this mornin. There is no reference to the
    "floppy" virus.

    Can i assume that even though AVG keeps "seeing" this trojan virus" it has
    been "healed"???????

    Cheers

    anOLDun, Nov 26, 2004

  2. anOLDun

    Rob K Guest

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:59:07 -0000, anOLDun wrote:

    <snip>

    > Can i assume that even though AVG keeps "seeing" this trojan virus" it has
    > been "healed"???????

    No.

    Did you know that Grisoft does not provide any info at all about this
    specific threat in their virus encyclopaedia ? Don't let ºMikeº read
    this ... :)

    Anyway. You're dealing with a downloader. A downloader is program
    designed to retrieve and install additional files, when run. Most will
    be configured to retrieve from a designated web or FTP site.

    So... get rid of it. Kill the source (the doc on floppy), delete your
    temporary internet files for good measure, and run AVG again.
    Rob K, Nov 26, 2004

  3. anOLDun

    Richard Guest

    anOLDun wrote:

    > Lo All

    > I scanned for a virus in a doc in my floppy Drive and here is what i got
    > back:-

    > A pop-up window confirmed "virus"healed

    > From the "Test results" page i found the following info:-

    > "RESULT -Trojan horse Downloader.small.7.ad
    > "STATUS - infected, Embedded object

    > .........but when i ran AVG again it was still there.

    > I checked to see if it had been moved into the "vault"....the vault has a
    > "virus" from an email downloaded this mornin. There is no reference to
    > the "floppy" virus.

    > Can i assume that even though AVG keeps "seeing" this trojan virus" it
    > has been "healed"???????

    > Cheers

    You'll need to manually delete the file.
    Caution, AVG may open if it is running.
    Since this was on a floppy, AVG won't record anything.
    Richard, Nov 26, 2004
  4. Might also want to delete your system restore folder incase it is in there,
    and as such will still be detected.

    Niall J.P. McGahon, Nov 26, 2004
  5. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest