    showing gobbledygook. It has been on the GMT\ Banners folder for then last
    24 hours. I have searched to no avail for anything remotely like .htm.

    If anyone has an ideas I would really appreciate them - Thanks in Advance
    Phil, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Phil

    °Mike° Guest

    You system is probably riddled with spyware (GAIN) etc.

    Stop AVG, empty your temporary internet files (including
    offline content), delete everything in the GMT folder, including
    the GMT folder itself. Do some system maintenance:

    Basic computer maintenance

    Install, update and run the following:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:48:10 -0000, in
    <borp17$lsn$>
    Phil scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2003

  3. Phil

    Phil Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > You system is probably riddled with spyware (GAIN) etc.

    I did have Gator on there but deleted it on startup this time round just
    prior to going online to update AVG.

    > Stop AVG, empty your temporary internet files (including
    > offline content), delete everything in the GMT folder, including
    > the GMT folder itself. Do some system maintenance:

    I tried deleting everything in the GMT folder but it keeps coming up with
    File name not found can't delete!

    I then tried to delete seperate files and some went and some came up with
    the above warning........

    Cheers anyway Mike

    Phil, Nov 11, 2003
  4. Phil

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:16:36 -0000, in
    <borql3$jhm$>
    Phil scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >I tried deleting everything in the GMT folder but it keeps coming
    >up with File name not found can't delete!
    >
    >I then tried to delete seperate files and some went and some
    >came up with the above warning........

    Boot into DOS and at the C:> prompt type:

    cd c:\progra~1\common~1
    c:
    c:\windows\command\deltree /y gmt

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2003
  5. Phil

    Phil Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:16:36 -0000, in
    > <borql3$jhm$>
    > Phil scrawled:
    >
    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    > <snip>
    >
    > >I tried deleting everything in the GMT folder but it keeps coming
    > >up with File name not found can't delete!
    > >
    > >I then tried to delete seperate files and some went and some
    > >came up with the above warning........

    > Boot into DOS and at the C:> prompt type:
    >
    > cd c:\progra~1\common~1

    Sorry Mike, I have my laptop in front of me as I type this and am at
    c:\WINDOWS but cant figure out the next bit!! Sorry for being such a
    newbie, would you be so kind as to write the next line out longhand - thats
    the only way I will be able to continue.
    tia again..

    Phil, Nov 11, 2003
  6. Phil

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Phil <> wrote in message
    > Operating system win 95 on IBM laptop. Hadn't used it for several

    months
    > so switched it on and straight way updated the AVG antivirus program.

    Then
    > ran it whereby it picked up a virus it called .htm That was 58 hours

    ago
    > and it still running and has found another 2 .htm viruses!
    >
    > It tells me that it has tested 134.88 TB, which is strange as it is

    only a
    > 32 meg ram and 1.9 gig HD System. It has been testing at c:\program
    > files\common files\GMT\banners\13841.17\.............. and then it is

    just
    > showing gobbledygook. It has been on the GMT\ Banners folder for then

    last
    > 24 hours. I have searched to no avail for anything remotely like

    ..htm.

    > If anyone has an ideas I would really appreciate them - Thanks in

    Advance

    It may or may not help to know: ".htm" is a url extension, same as
    ".html".
    Juan Pérez, Nov 11, 2003
  7. Phil

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:47:06 -0000, in
    <borsee$1ki$>
    Phil scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:16:36 -0000, in
    >> <borql3$jhm$>
    >> Phil scrawled:
    >>
    >> >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> >I tried deleting everything in the GMT folder but it keeps coming
    >> >up with File name not found can't delete!
    >> >
    >> >I then tried to delete seperate files and some went and some
    >> >came up with the above warning........

    >> Boot into DOS and at the C:> prompt type:
    >>
    >> cd c:\progra~1\common~1

    >Sorry Mike, I have my laptop in front of me as I type this and am at
    >c:\WINDOWS but cant figure out the next bit!! Sorry for being such a
    >newbie, would you be so kind as to write the next line out longhand - thats
    >the only way I will be able to continue.
    >tia again..

    Type it exactly as I said; it matters not where you start from.
    I'll type it again (press [ENTER] at the end of each line):

    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2003
  8. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Thank Juan!

    Phil, Nov 12, 2003
  9. Phil

    Phil Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:47:06 -0000, in
    > <borsee$1ki$>
    > Phil scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:16:36 -0000, in
    > >> <borql3$jhm$>
    > >> Phil scrawled:

    > >> <snip>

    > >> Boot into DOS and at the C:> prompt type:
    > >>
    > >> cd c:\progra~1\common~1

    Thanks anyway for your help Mike but when I use the ~ key on my laptop
    (Caps/#) it produces nothing like what is on the key!!!!

    Phil, Nov 12, 2003
  10. Phil

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 00:35:55 -0000, in
    <borv9t$pne$>
    Phil scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >Thanks anyway for your help Mike but when I use the ~ key
    >on my laptop (Caps/#) it produces nothing like what is on
    >the key!!!!

    Add the following line to the end of your autoexec.bat file, and
    reboot:

    keyb.com uk,,c:\windows\command\keyboard.sys

    You can access your autoexec.bat file from within Windows
    by Start / Run / sysedit .

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance