    His PC is using Win ME, I'm using XP Pro.

    --
    Kenny Cargill
    Kenny, Nov 3, 2005

  2. Kenny

    Plato Guest

    Kenny wrote:

    > The first floppy is supposed to be bootable but his PC won't boot from it.

    Go into the bios and set it boot from the A: drive first.

    > Is it because they were created on my PC and only my PC will boot from
    > these?

    Not likely. A bootable floppy is a bootable floppy. I create them all
    the time and people dont have a problem.

    > Is there any other way of doing this, perhaps somehow creating a bootable CD
    > which contains a virus scanner which will run before Windows loads?
    > His PC is using Win ME, I'm using XP Pro.

    Yes, one can create a bootable cd and have a dos based anti-virus on it.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Nov 4, 2005

  3. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for the reply, the BIOS is set to boot from floppy first but it
    doesn't recognise the AVG disk 1 as being bootable.
    Am downloading the Ultimate Boot CD at present and will see how it goes from
    there.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Nov 4, 2005