    work ok if i had ir running continuosly, but it seems to slow the machine
    down loads. anyone know how AVG internet security suite is in this way?

    TIA, Jeff

    JeffK, Dec 19, 2006

  2. JeffK

    beenthere Guest

    "Shep©" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:10:13 GMT Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
    > Yang then "JeffK" <> sent this :
    >
    >>I'm wondering about trying AVG internet security suite (anti-virus,
    >>firewall, anti-spyware etc):

    Snipped

    > AVG has always been excellent IMHO but they are stopping their free
    > version.Why not try the free version of Avast and see how you like it?

    You are mistaken about the free version Shep.
    they have upgraded us free version users to 7.5, and it is
    still free.

    Happy Xmas and bw..OJ

    beenthere, Dec 19, 2006

  3. JeffK

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:10:13 GMT Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
    Yang then "JeffK" <> sent this :

    >I'm wondering about trying AVG internet security suite (anti-virus,
    >firewall, anti-spyware etc):
    >
    >Any comments or suggestions? I've tried webroots spysweeper - it'd probably
    >work ok if i had ir running continuosly, but it seems to slow the machine
    >down loads. anyone know how AVG internet security suite is in this way?
    >
    >TIA, Jeff

    AVG has always been excellent IMHO but they are stopping their free
    version.Why not try the free version of Avast and see how you like it?

    Also COMODO is a superb Firewall and free,
    http://www.sharewareplaza.com/Comodo-Firewall-download_28068.html

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Dec 19, 2006
  4. Shep© wrote:

    > AVG has always been excellent IMHO but they are stopping their free
    > version.

    Authoritative cite, please.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 19, 2006
  5. JeffK

    beenthere Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Shep© wrote:
    >
    >> AVG has always been excellent IMHO but they are stopping their free
    >> version.

    > Authoritative cite, please.

    That`s a big word for a shark <g>.

    Happy Xmas Blinky and bw..OJ

    beenthere, Dec 19, 2006
  6. JeffK

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:08:28 GMT Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
    Yang then "beenthere" <> sent this :

    >"Shep©" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:10:13 GMT Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
    >> Yang then "JeffK" <> sent this :
    >>
    >>>I'm wondering about trying AVG internet security suite (anti-virus,
    >>>firewall, anti-spyware etc):
    >>>

    >Snipped
    >>
    >> AVG has always been excellent IMHO but they are stopping their free
    >> version.Why not try the free version of Avast and see how you like it?
    >>

    >You are mistaken about the free version Shep.
    >they have upgraded us free version users to 7.5, and it is
    >still free.
    >
    >Happy Xmas and bw..OJ

    Yes sorry.Misread in haste.There is a new 7.5 version that is still
    free.Still like Avast though even though I've used AVG for years.

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Dec 20, 2006