    I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for me, but
    I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this? Many thanks for
    any replies.
    officeworker, Nov 4, 2010

  2. officeworker

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:59:13 -0000, officeworker wrote:

    > I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for me, but
    > I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this? Many thanks for
    > any replies.

    try the best free antivirus program there is.

    www.comodo.com
    richard, Nov 4, 2010

  3. officeworker

    Dan C Guest

    On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 15:59:13 +0000, officeworker wrote:

    > I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for me,
    > but I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this? Many
    > thanks for any replies.

    You'll need to format the hard drive. It's the only way.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as the antimatter containment vessel ruptured.
    Dan C, Nov 4, 2010
  4. officeworker

    John Holmes Guest

    richard "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:59:13 -0000, officeworker wrote:
    >
    >> I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for
    >> me, but I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this?
    >> Many thanks for any replies.

    > try the best free antivirus program there is.
    >
    > www.comodo.com

    I could'nt be arsed to look, but do they provide a server version?

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Nov 4, 2010
  5. officeworker

    richard Guest

    On 04 Nov 2010 20:20:47 GMT, Dan C wrote:

    > On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 15:59:13 +0000, officeworker wrote:
    >
    >> I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for me,
    >> but I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this? Many
    >> thanks for any replies.

    > You'll need to format the hard drive. It's the only way.

    practice what you preach, daily.
    richard, Nov 4, 2010
  6. officeworker

    joevan Guest

    wrote:

    >On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 15:59:13 +0000, officeworker wrote:
    >
    >> I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for me,
    >> but I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this? Many
    >> thanks for any replies.

    >You'll need to format the hard drive. It's the only way.

    Now this is even more boring than the last thousand times you typed
    that drivel.
    joevan, Nov 4, 2010
  7. officeworker

    Mike Easter Guest

    officeworker wrote:
    > I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for me, but
    > I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this?

    AVG free has lots of faq/s for using it.

    http://free.avg.com/ww-en/faq.pnuid-1285273760#num-3043
    Disabling AVG Free temporarily - In case you need to disable AVG Free,
    please consider which part of the protection you need to switch off. The
    AVG parts and their purpose are:

    Then the article proceeds to tell you how to disable any one or all at
    once 4 different parts.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 4, 2010
  8. officeworker

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 20:20:47 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 15:59:13 +0000, officeworker wrote:
    >
    >> I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for me,
    >> but I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this? Many
    >> thanks for any replies.

    > You'll need to format the hard drive. It's the only way.

    Maybe I need to get drunk to find this amusing?

    Meat Plow, Nov 4, 2010
  9. officeworker

    Anyone Guest

    On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 21:40:38 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 20:20:47 +0000, Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 15:59:13 +0000, officeworker wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for
    >>> me, but I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this?
    >>> Many thanks for any replies.

    >> You'll need to format the hard drive. It's the only way.

    > Maybe I need to get drunk to find this amusing?

    Cognitive Aplasia, but that's just a guess.
    Anyone, Nov 4, 2010
  10. officeworker

    Muse Gruppes Guest

    On 11/4/2010 3:58 PM, richard wrote:
    > On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:59:13 -0000, officeworker wrote:
    >
    >> I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for me, but
    >> I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this? Many thanks for
    >> any replies.

    > try the best free antivirus program there is.
    >
    > www.comodo.com

    uh, not so much
    Muse Gruppes, Nov 5, 2010
  11. officeworker

    Muse Gruppes Guest

    On 11/4/2010 5:40 PM, Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 20:20:47 +0000, Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 15:59:13 +0000, officeworker wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for me,
    >>> but I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this? Many
    >>> thanks for any replies.

    >> You'll need to format the hard drive. It's the only way.

    > Maybe I need to get drunk to find this amusing?

    You'll need: liters of liquor, MDMA, Ketamine, Heroin, L.S.D, Peyote and
    Methamphetamine to find that amusing
    Muse Gruppes, Nov 5, 2010
  12. officeworker

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 00:24:37 -0400, Muse Gruppes wrote:

    > On 11/4/2010 3:58 PM, richard wrote:
    >> On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:59:13 -0000, officeworker wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for me, but
    >>> I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this? Many thanks for
    >>> any replies.

    >> try the best free antivirus program there is.
    >>
    >> www.comodo.com

    > uh, not so much

    I've been to a few sites where comodo detected malware embedded in videos
    or the page itself. Can't say that avg ever did that.
    richard, Nov 5, 2010
  13. officeworker

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 04/11/2010 19:58, richard wrote:
    > On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:59:13 -0000, officeworker wrote:
    >
    >> I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for me, but
    >> I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this? Many thanks for
    >> any replies.

    > try the best free antivirus program there is.
    >
    > www.comodo.com

    Question: How do I park my car?
    Rts: Buy a truck.
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 5, 2010
  14. officeworker

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 05/11/2010 04:48, richard wrote:
    > On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 00:24:37 -0400, Muse Gruppes wrote:

    >>> try the best free antivirus program there is.
    >>>
    >>> www.comodo.com

    >> uh, not so much

    > I've been to a few sites where comodo detected malware embedded in videos
    > or the page itself. Can't say that avg ever did that.

    Very old versions didn't. Newer versions do. Keep up.
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 5, 2010
  15. officeworker

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > richard "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:59:13 -0000, officeworker wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for
    >>> me, but I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this?
    >>> Many thanks for any replies.

    >> try the best free antivirus program there is.
    >>
    >> www.comodo.com

    > I could'nt be arsed to look, but do they provide a server version?

    They don't provide a free version which works on a server (which is a shame
    because they used to once). I expect they provide a paid version which will.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Nov 5, 2010
  16. "officeworker" <> wrote in message
    >I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for me, but
    >I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this? Many thanks for
    >any replies.

    Right-click the notification bar ( system tray ) icon at right hand end of
    taskbar, red icon with umbrella symbol.
    In the dialog pop up box...untick the top item.."antivir guard enable"
    The umbrella will close, remember to re-tick the box when ready to
    re-activate.
    Take care about being online while disabled..best to unplug the internet
    cable if possible.,unless you are installing a program which needs to be
    online for install...these are usually safe.
    Mike The Brewer, Nov 5, 2010
  17. officeworker

    *Less* Guest

    "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message

    > On 04/11/2010 19:58, richard wrote:
    >> On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:59:13 -0000, officeworker wrote:

    snip

    > Question: How do I park my car?
    > Rts: Buy a truck.

    In Rome do like Romans do, park on the Sidewalk!

    *Less*
    *Less*, Nov 6, 2010
  18. Desk Rabbit <> pondered:
    > On 04/11/2010 19:58, richard wrote:
    >> On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:59:13 -0000, officeworker wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have avg free vers 10.0.1153 installed, which works just fine for
    >>> me, but I need to turn it off temporarily, how do I go about this?
    >>> Many thanks for any replies.

    >> try the best free antivirus program there is.
    >>
    >> www.comodo.com

    > Question: How do I park my car?
    > Rts: Buy a truck.

    Questun: How do I set my mama's car clock for standard time?

    rts: "I drove my mama's truck up my arse and then put it into
    overdrive and spun the wheels... damn, I need tickets to a
    monster-truck-a-thon... you must be a 5th grader... go truck go..."

    HTH.

    (Now his other nyms will come out seesy-stalkin' me,
    and saying mean stuff to hurted my feelings some more)

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
    survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 6, 2010