AVG Free version 8 and Vista 64 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Don, May 15, 2008.

  1. Don

    Don Guest

    Hey gang,

    I have Vista 64 bit Ultimate, and have been running the free version of AVG
    7.5 I believe it is.

    I got a message yesterday, that I need to upgrade to the newer version 8, as
    7.5 will no longer be supported after then end of this month.

    I run Spybot Search and Destroy, and of course Windows Defender. Seems like
    I have seen reports of some conflicts with those, when running AVG 8?
    Anyone here familiar with this or have experience with the newer version?

    Thanks,

    --
    Don

    Don, May 15, 2008

  2. Don

    Carlos Guest

    Don,
    Read poster "xiowan" comments regarding this new AVG version in my post
    about Avast Antivirus (may 14th).
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 15, 2008

  3. Don

    Don Guest

    Thanks for the info, looks like it might be time for me to try Avast.
    I have always liked AVG, but don't know that I want to go through those
    headaches, sounds like it may be more of a hog now, plus possible conflicts
    with Spybot and Defender.

    Thanks,

    --
    Don

    Don, May 15, 2008
  4. Don

    mikeyhsd Guest

    I run avg 8 as well as defender and have NO problems.

    no false positive, no email conflicts.
    system just purrs along.

    mikeyhsd, May 15, 2008
  5. Don

    XS11E Guest

    "Don" <> wrote:

    > Hey gang,
    >
    > I have Vista 64 bit Ultimate, and have been running the free
    > version of AVG 7.5 I believe it is.
    >
    > I got a message yesterday, that I need to upgrade to the newer
    > version 8, as 7.5 will no longer be supported after then end of
    > this month.
    >
    > I run Spybot Search and Destroy, and of course Windows Defender.
    > Seems like I have seen reports of some conflicts with those, when
    > running AVG 8? Anyone here familiar with this or have experience
    > with the newer version?

    I ran all the above until yesterday, no problems of any kind. The new
    AVG 8 interface takes a bit of getting used to....

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://improve-usenet.org

    XS11E, May 15, 2008
  6. Don

    Don Guest

    "XS11E" <> wrote in message
    > "Don" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hey gang,
    >>
    >> I have Vista 64 bit Ultimate, and have been running the free
    >> version of AVG 7.5 I believe it is.
    >>
    >> I got a message yesterday, that I need to upgrade to the newer
    >> version 8, as 7.5 will no longer be supported after then end of
    >> this month.
    >>
    >> I run Spybot Search and Destroy, and of course Windows Defender.
    >> Seems like I have seen reports of some conflicts with those, when
    >> running AVG 8? Anyone here familiar with this or have experience
    >> with the newer version?

    > I ran all the above until yesterday, no problems of any kind. The new
    > AVG 8 interface takes a bit of getting used to....

    > The Usenet Improvement Project:
    > http://improve-usenet.org

    Thanks for the info, might give it a try first.

    --
    Don

    Don, May 15, 2008