    As a follow-up to my original posting whether AVG was finding the recent MS
    patches virus I saved the EXE infected file to my floppy without a problem.
    When I did an AVG scan, the virus was detected, reported, and removed.

    Jumbo, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Jumbo

    MaryL Guest

    "Jumbo" <> wrote in message
    news:5nDbb.63942$...
    > As a follow-up to my original posting whether AVG was finding the recent

    MS
    > patches virus I saved the EXE infected file to my floppy without a

    problem.
    > When I did an AVG scan, the virus was detected, reported, and removed.

    This seems risky to me. Norton (and probably others) intercepts the bogus
    MS files and informs me that the attachment is infected. I am given an
    opportunity to accept or reject deletion or quarantine.

    MaryL

    MaryL, Sep 22, 2003

  3. "Jumbo" <> wrote in

    > As a follow-up to my original posting whether AVG was finding
    > the recent MS patches virus I saved the EXE infected file to my
    > floppy without a problem. When I did an AVG scan, the virus was
    > detected, reported, and removed.

    Don'tcha just luv the way AVG just instantly zapps you into safe
    mode and renders that neon dialog a)that she found something, b)
    what she found, c)where it is and d)what'cha wanna do about it???

    I just luv it! I *always* go with her defaults - delete everything
    she wants outta there!

    Except one time, when I wanted to rename and have a look at the
    Nimda with a hex editor (hoping to get a clue where it came from) -
    but that was it.

    AVG for free: sure works for me!

    Thanks for sharing!!!

    8^)

    Krystal.Klear.Koncepts, Sep 22, 2003
  4. Jumbo

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, MaryL mused:

    | This seems risky to me. Norton (and probably others) intercepts the bogus
    | MS files and informs me that the attachment is infected. I am given an
    | opportunity to accept or reject deletion or quarantine.

    It's just a difference in point of detection. As long as it is detected
    *before* its executed, it doesn't really matter.

    mhicaoidh, Sep 22, 2003