    run AVG 6 for windows. I did, and it found NOTHING. What do I do now????
    Please reply to group. Thanks!!

    --

    joe, Oct 11, 2003

  2. joe

    Richard Guest

    joe wrote:

    > Hello. I downloaded a file from games.yahoo.com today. It was a 10 MB
    > file,
    > so I left it be for about 3 hours. When I returned, AVG told me that
    > the
    > file had a virus (Trojan horse), and told me to get rid of it, I
    > needed to
    > run AVG 6 for windows. I did, and it found NOTHING. What do I do
    > now????
    > Please reply to group. Thanks!!

    > --

    Some times scripting will trigger an alert when it's perfectly safe.
    Since you checked it a second time and it's clean, I'd go ahead and run the
    game.
    But do a system check after you play it.

    Richard, Oct 11, 2003

  3. joe

    Buffalo Guest

    "joe" <> wrote in message
    > Hello. I downloaded a file from games.yahoo.com today. It was a 10 MB

    file,
    > so I left it be for about 3 hours. When I returned, AVG told me that the
    > file had a virus (Trojan horse), and told me to get rid of it, I needed to
    > run AVG 6 for windows. I did, and it found NOTHING. What do I do now????
    > Please reply to group. Thanks!!

    Try a free online type scan on that file.
    Online Antivirus scanners:
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **]

    Buffalo, Oct 11, 2003