    of the colourful one. Why does it turn that colour? Does this mean that I'm
    not protected?

    Thanks, Grace
    Grace, Oct 23, 2005

  2. Grace

    philo Guest

    Grace wrote:
    > Most days lately I've noticed that the AVG antivirus software seems to have
    > turned itself off and the icon has turned grey/black in the task bar instead
    > of the colourful one. Why does it turn that colour? Does this mean that I'm
    > not protected?
    >
    > Thanks, Grace

    if the icon turns grey like that...it means you need to run the update.
    AVG is still running...but just not with the latest definitions
    philo, Oct 23, 2005

  3. Grace

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:20:20 +0800, "Grace" <>
    wrote:

    >Most days lately I've noticed that the AVG antivirus software seems to have
    >turned itself off and the icon has turned grey/black in the task bar instead
    >of the colourful one. Why does it turn that colour? Does this mean that I'm
    >not protected?
    >
    >Thanks, Grace

    Try updating your program.
    joevan, Oct 23, 2005
  4. Grace

    Wayne Kerr Guest

    We are all having the same problem with AVG in the end I deleted the
    programme the reloaded it no problems since.

    Wayne Kerr, Oct 23, 2005
  5. Grace

    MM Guest

    On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 08:24:53 -0500, philo <> wrote:

    >Grace wrote:
    >> Most days lately I've noticed that the AVG antivirus software seems to have
    >> turned itself off and the icon has turned grey/black in the task bar instead
    >> of the colourful one. Why does it turn that colour? Does this mean that I'm
    >> not protected?
    >>
    >> Thanks, Grace
    >>

    >if the icon turns grey like that...it means you need to run the update.
    >AVG is still running...but just not with the latest definitions

    I too have the grey icon since yesterday, following the download of a
    massive update. However, the Control Center Update Manager says I must
    restart, even though I have (re)started the PC several times since
    yesterday. Dunno how to make the grey icon go away. I've tried
    clicking on Check for Updates, but it simply comes back and says
    "Update was unsuccessful".

    MM
    MM, Oct 24, 2005
  6. Grace

    ellis_jay Guest

    MM wrote:
    > On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 08:24:53 -0500, philo <> wrote:
    >
    >> Grace wrote:
    >>> Most days lately I've noticed that the AVG antivirus software seems
    >>> to have turned itself off and the icon has turned grey/black in the
    >>> task bar instead of the colourful one. Why does it turn that
    >>> colour? Does this mean that I'm not protected?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks, Grace
    >>>

    >> if the icon turns grey like that...it means you need to run the
    >> update. AVG is still running...but just not with the latest
    >> definitions

    > I too have the grey icon since yesterday, following the download of a
    > massive update. However, the Control Center Update Manager says I must
    > restart, even though I have (re)started the PC several times since
    > yesterday. Dunno how to make the grey icon go away. I've tried
    > clicking on Check for Updates, but it simply comes back and says
    > "Update was unsuccessful".
    >
    > MM

    And you clicked the internet box instead of folder box to download the
    update? There were three updates in a couple or three days. The last one
    was after the big update people speak about. Only the big one required
    re-start. AVG will upadte when it wants to despite preferences. Just be
    patient.

    Ellis_jay
    ellis_jay, Oct 25, 2005
  7. Grace

    WeeWilly Guest

    I had the same problem.. couldn't get rid of the "gray icon". Once I turned
    off MS's automatic update I had no problems. Kept giving indications that I
    was not protected.. but AVG said I was.. It also would not allow me to
    update AVG until I turned it off.. MS sucks.. but it's the only game for a
    non-nerd like me.

    WeeWilly, Oct 25, 2005
  8. Grace

    ellis_jay Guest

    WeeWilly wrote:
    > I had the same problem.. couldn't get rid of the "gray icon". Once I
    > turned off MS's automatic update I had no problems.

    In automatic it wll update when AVG clicks their "button".

    > Kept giving
    > indications that I was not protected.. but AVG said I was..

    You were protected. The grey only indicates a warning that an update is
    available.

    >It also
    > would not allow me to update AVG until I turned it off.. MS sucks..
    > but it's the only game for a non-nerd like me.
    >

    > "Wayne Kerr" <> wrote in message
    >> We are all having the same problem with AVG in the end I deleted the
    >> programme the reloaded it no problems since.
    >>
    >> "joevan" <> wrote in message

    >>> Try updating your program.

    Ellis_jay
    ellis_jay, Oct 26, 2005
  9. Grace

    rajdeee26

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    this antivirus software is nice.this will run my phone nicely.i use it.and also i found one website to unlock my mobile for free codes this more useful for me to unlock my mobile.the site is unlocking4free.com
    rajdeee26, Aug 19, 2010
  10. Grace

    nolie

    Joined: