    anyone useing the AVG ,comments please.

    Thanks

    Tom
    twfsa, Jan 2, 2005

  2. twfsa

    HF Guest

    I am sure you will find it better than Norton. The latest version kills em
    dead.

    HF, Jan 2, 2005

  3. twfsa

    HF Guest

    Especially as it is free into the bargain.

    HF, Jan 2, 2005
  4. twfsa

    Guest

    AVG is one of the best out there.

    I also found that with the top name software's, the opinions are really
    based on particular experience. Many of the computers that people are
    using are loaded with a lot of different programs. The combinations of
    what is going on can be fairly complicated. The net results can also be
    complicated.

    In my case, I found on my computer, McAfee Virus Scan was the best I
    can have. There are others, who would differ with me. I have another
    machine that does best with AVG virus scan.

    With all of this, I have a friend that swears by the Symantic virus
    scanner. He keeps telling me that the ones that I am using are not very
    good. Yet, they are all working very well for me.

    AVG, has a free working trial version that is excellent. The free
    version is limited, but will offer excellent basic protection.
    Jerry G.
    ======
    , Jan 2, 2005
  5. twfsa

    David Guest

    Avast free version also works very well.
    Updates all the time (and automatically..even has
    a voice that tells you it has been updated)
    It's all I use on my 2 desktops and 1 laptop.
    Dave
    David, Jan 2, 2005
  6. twfsa

    The One Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > AVG is one of the best out there.
    >
    > I also found that with the top name software's, the opinions are really
    > based on particular experience. Many of the computers that people are
    > using are loaded with a lot of different programs. The combinations of
    > what is going on can be fairly complicated. The net results can also be
    > complicated.
    >
    > In my case, I found on my computer, McAfee Virus Scan was the best I
    > can have. There are others, who would differ with me. I have another
    > machine that does best with AVG virus scan.
    >
    > With all of this, I have a friend that swears by the Symantic virus
    > scanner. He keeps telling me that the ones that I am using are not very
    > good. Yet, they are all working very well for me.
    >
    > AVG, has a free working trial version that is excellent. The free
    > version is limited, but will offer excellent basic protection.
    > Jerry G.
    > ======

    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA so its shit as a free trial then and its not
    free afterall.
    The One, Jan 2, 2005
  7. twfsa

    James Baber Guest

    twfsa wrote:
    > I am currently useing Norton Anti Virus, AVG has a free Anti Virus offer ,
    > anyone useing the AVG ,comments please.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tom

    Jim's comments:
    For what its worth, I've been using the free AVG anti virus
    for over 6 months and like it. I also use Spykiller for pop
    up avoidance, and to avoid spyware. I use Zone Alarm for a
    firewall as well as the hardware firewall in my wireless
    router and 4 port switch.

    Good luck
    --
    Jim Baber
    Email
    James Baber, Jan 3, 2005
  8. twfsa

    Guest Guest

    I have used Grisoft.com Free AVG 6.0; Norton AV (1995 edition); and
    McAfee over the last few years.
    After downloading the update DAT McAfee files my HD was nearly wiped out
    upon trying to install them. Wrote to McAfee several times and they couldn't
    even have bothered to respond. This process was repeated several times till
    I gave up on McAfee.
    Grisoft.com AVG 6.0 Free seemed to work very well, I thought at the time
    until:.
    Using the 1995 edition of Norton AV, with updated virus definition
    files, the 1995 edition of Norton caught a bundle of various malware that
    the then current (2004) and updated Grisoft.com AVG 6.0 missed completely.

    Guest, Jan 3, 2005
  9. twfsa

    twfsa Guest

    Is this only a 30 day free version.