    computers is under development at the moment.

    Kindly check our website, News Section, where information about new AVG
    releases will be posted.

    Kue2, Aug 19, 2005

  2. Here are some alternative AntiVirus solutions for XP Pro x64:
    Avast

    The free one from Avast:

    http://www.nod32.com/download/download.htm
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 19, 2005

  3. eTrust AV 7.1 is a 64-bit app certified for XP Pro x64.
    http://www3.ca.com/smb/product.aspx?id=5278&culture=en-us

    Colin Barnhorst MVP, Aug 19, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa wrote:
    > Here are some alternative AntiVirus solutions for XP Pro x64:
    > Avast
    >
    > The free one from Avast:
    >
    > http://www.nod32.com/download/download.htm

    Hello Andre,

    I have been testing NOD32 and Avast over the past week and the only
    version of anti virus that runs on both Windows XP x64 Edition and
    Windows 2003 Server x64 Edition is NOD32. Avast home and professional
    editions, however, only run on Windows XP x64 Edition. If your running
    Windows Server 2003 Edition, you will need the server version. And
    believe me, it's not cheap. They're asking $400.00 USD for the server
    version.

    I also tried to get the 64 bit version of eTrust Antivirus 7.1 but
    didn't have any luck there. Here is the email that I was sent from CA's
    customer service...

    Thank you for your interest in Computer Associates International, Inc.'s
    (CA) eTrust TM Antivirus v7.1 for Windows evaluation software. This
    evaluation includes a 30-day license for Desktops, Servers and the Admin
    Server.

    Below are the links to download the respective language file to your
    hard drive, executing this program will install eTrust Antivirus v7.1
    for Windows on your machine:

    Chinese: (traditional)
    ftp://ftp.ca.com/priv/trial/eav/eAV71Trial/eav71cht.exe
    English: ftp://ftp.ca.com/priv/trial/eav/eAV71Trial/eAV71eng.exe
    French: ftp://ftp.ca.com/priv/trial/eav/eAV71Trial/eAV71fra.exe
    German: ftp://ftp.ca.com/priv/trial/eav/eAV71Trial/eAV71deu.exe
    Italian: ftp://ftp.ca.com/priv/trial/eav/eAV71Trial/eAV71ita.exe
    Japanese: ftp://ftp.ca.com/priv/trial/eav/eAV71Trial/eAV71ita.exe
    Spanish: ftp://ftp.ca.com/priv/tria! l/eav/eA V71Trial/eAV71esp.exe

    If you have any questions, please contact your local eTrust Sales
    Representative:
    For assistance in the US and Canada, please call 1-800-875-9659.
    For international assistance, please click here.

    For quality assurance purposes, your local CA representative or reseller
    will contact you shortly.

    Thank you for doing business with Computer Associates.

    Sincerely,

    The eTrust TM Antivirus Team

    I downloaded the English version and tried to install it on my machine
    which is running Windows Server 2003 x64 and the installer immediately
    told me that it couldn't run on my machine.

    I then called their technical support department and they told me that
    they didn't know anything about a 64 bit version.

    It's as plain as day on their web site but they don't have a clue.

    If you, or anyone else, knows of a different version other than what was
    stated in their email to me then please let me know. But until that
    happens I'm sticking with NOD32.

    Cheers,

    Steve

    Steve Thompson, Aug 20, 2005
  5. I have AVG 64 on my computer downloaded from the web. Just look for a
    different download they are out there.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VubnkgLSBNQ1AsTUNEU1QsTUNTQQ==?=, Aug 20, 2005
  6. Kue2

    Barb Bowman Guest

    http://www.digitalriver.com/v2.0-img/operations/ca/site/promo/etrust_promotion.html

    90 day free trial - may include server as I read this one..

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Aug 20, 2005
  7. Barb Bowman wrote:
    > http://www.digitalriver.com/v2.0-img/operations/ca/site/promo/etrust_promotion.html
    >
    > 90 day free trial - may include server as I read this one..
    >
    > On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 01:38:15 -0400, Steve Thompson
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>I also tried to get the 64 bit version of eTrust Antivirus 7.1 but
    >>didn't have any luck there. Here is the email that I was sent from CA's
    >>customer service...

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS Windows-MVP
    > Expert Zone Columnist
    > http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/

    Thanks Barb,

    I'll give it a try a little later on. But I just received another email
    from CA that points me to the request I submitted. You might find this
    interesting.

    http://met.ca.com/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?...EQ.id=7503554 USERNAME=

    Of course, they don't specifically say v7.1 they just have v7 so what
    you provided may be different.

    Thanks,

    Steve Thompson | Online 64 .NET
    http://www.online64.net

    Steve Thompson, Aug 20, 2005
  8. Kue2

    Rick Guest

    Steve Thompson wrote:
    > I'll give it a try a little later on. But I just received another email
    > from CA that points me to the request I submitted. You might find this
    > interesting.
    >
    > http://met.ca.com/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?...EQ.id=7503554 USERNAME=
    >

    > Of course, they don't specifically say v7.1 they just have v7 so what
    > you provided may be different.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Steve Thompson | Online 64 .NET
    > http://www.online64.net

    The link Barb gave and your link to your inquiry are referring to two
    distinctly different products:

    Barb is referring to eTrust Antivirus v7.1.

    You are referring to eTrust EZ Antivirus

    eTrust Antivirus is in their Small Business category and there are ia32,
    ia64, and AMD64 versions of 7.1.

    eTrust EX Antivirus is in their Home category and is only available in a
    ia32 version.

    Rick, Aug 20, 2005
  9. Rick wrote:
    > Steve Thompson wrote:
    >
    >> I'll give it a try a little later on. But I just received another
    >> email from CA that points me to the request I submitted. You might
    >> find this interesting.
    >>
    >> http://met.ca.com/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?...EQ.id=7503554 USERNAME=
    >>

    >> Of course, they don't specifically say v7.1 they just have v7 so what
    >> you provided may be different.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Steve Thompson | Online 64 .NET
    >> http://www.online64.net

    > The link Barb gave and your link to your inquiry are referring to two
    > distinctly different products:
    >
    > Barb is referring to eTrust Antivirus v7.1.
    >
    > You are referring to eTrust EZ Antivirus
    >
    > eTrust Antivirus is in their Small Business category and there are ia32,
    > ia64, and AMD64 versions of 7.1.
    >
    > eTrust EX Antivirus is in their Home category and is only available in a
    > ia32 version.

    Hi Rick,

    I just installed the version that Barb had pointed to and I can confirm
    that it is in fact the right one. It's amazing that even CA's customer
    service AND tech support team know nothing about it.

    Cheers,

    Steve Thompson, Aug 20, 2005
  10. Kue2

    Barb Bowman Guest

    the link I supplied was to etrust 7.1, not ez trust.
    I have downloaded and installed the 90 day trial and it is performing
    flawlessly on XP 64 as well as Vista x64.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Aug 20, 2005
  11. Barb Bowman wrote:
    > the link I supplied was to etrust 7.1, not ez trust.
    > I have downloaded and installed the 90 day trial and it is performing
    > flawlessly on XP 64 as well as Vista x64.
    >
    > On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 09:03:47 -0400, Steve Thompson

    Yes, thank you very much Barb. It's running like a champ here as well.

    Steve Thompson, Aug 20, 2005
  12. I was going to mention eTrust also.

    Colin Barnhorst MVP, Aug 20, 2005
  13. eTrust, not EZTrust. eTrust is in the Small and Medium Business group.

    Colin Barnhorst MVP, Aug 20, 2005
  14. The consumer tech and support folks don't but the business group does.

    Colin Barnhorst MVP, Aug 20, 2005
  15. I bought a copy from the HP site and I agree. No issues. One thing I
    learned from the CA support person I talked to was that if you are running
    it in workstation mode you will never have to enter the product key. It
    drove me up a wall that there was no place to enter it. Only if you run it
    in server mode do you have to enter the key.

    Colin Barnhorst MVP, Aug 20, 2005