    even run on 98?

    Anybody heard of this or know a way around it??

    TIA

    mrbones, Nov 15, 2004

  2. mrbones

    Mike Guest

    mrbones wrote:
    > AVG 7 update requires system upgrade???
    > alt.comp.freeware alt.computer.security
    >
    > hi all,
    >
    > just recently attempted to install AVG7 and got a message
    > about halfway through stating the install was aborted
    > because I need to upgrade to either IE 5.01 or
    > Microsoft Office 2000. I currently have IE 4.01 SP1 ver 4.72.3110.0
    > and OFFICE 8.0, (neither of which I use) and WIN98.

    Upgrade to IE6. Soon!

    > It's old stuff but it suits me and I dont want to
    > fiddle with MS unless I have to. Will the required software
    > even run on 98?

    IE6 will.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/evaluation/sysreqs/default.mspx

    > Anybody heard of this or know a way around it??

    I'd be interested in what response you got from Grisoft Support. They
    don't list any minimum IE software requirements on their site.

    --

    ------------------------------------

    Real email to mike. The header email is a spam trap and you will be
    blacklisted,
    submitted to anti-spam sites and proably burn in hell.

    Mike, Nov 15, 2004

  3. mrbones

    mrbones Guest

    thanks for the reply. I emailed grisoft but haven't heard back.
    it doesn't look too promising.

    BTW, in their documentation they state they do not provide
    tech support for the free version...

    In article <cnasll$r8k$>,
    says...

    mrbones, Nov 17, 2004
  4. mrbones

    Mike Guest

    mrbones wrote:

    > thanks for the reply. I emailed grisoft but haven't heard back.
    > it doesn't look too promising.
    >
    > BTW, in their documentation they state they do not provide
    > tech support for the free version...

    You must have typed that bit in white text on a white background on your
    original post. You are right. The free version does not have tech
    support. Any way, upgrade your outdated insecure applications and try again.

    Mike

    P.S. Please don't top post.
    --

    ------------------------------------

    Mike, Nov 19, 2004
  5. mrbones

    Zarggg Guest

    On 17 Nov 04 07:53, mrbones wrote:
    > thanks for the reply. I emailed grisoft but haven't heard back. it
    > doesn't look too promising.

    So why not just upgrade to IE6? It patches numerous security problems
    that affect you whether or not you think you "use" the program.
    (Since IE is fully-integrated with Win98, you *do* use it.)

    > BTW, in their documentation they state they do not provide tech
    > support for the free version...

    This is correct.

    Office 2000+ is *not* required to use AVG 7 (at least the for the free
    version). You can just uncheck the option for integration with
    Office 2000/XP when you install.
    --
    Zarggg
    KeyID: 0x6425C4ED