    date'. Everything else in the Security Status list has a green tick & is
    fine. It's just the Anti-Virus Component that has a red warning. Does anyone
    have a solution to this problem. Appreciate any help, thanks.

    Trish, Nov 17, 2006

  2. Trish

    clot Guest

    Trish wrote:
    > I have recently installed the latest version of AVG free 7.5.409. The
    > icon in my system tray which is usually yellow, black, green & red is
    > now grey & black & is telling me 'Internal Virus Database Is out of
    > date'. In the Security Status, under Anti-Virus, I get a message
    > saying 'Internal Virus Database Version is 268.14.0/524 & was
    > released on 8/11/2006. Database Update is recommended'. My problem
    > is, when I try to Update, I get a message saying 'I already have the
    > latest Updates Installed and I am fully up to date'. Everything else
    > in the Security Status list has a green tick & is fine. It's just the
    > Anti-Virus Component that has a red warning. Does anyone have a
    > solution to this problem. Appreciate any help, thanks.

    Fortunately that didn't happen to me when I updated yesterday. I did
    have to go through the Database Update step. How about uninstalling and
    reinstalling?

    clot, Nov 17, 2006

  3. Trish

    Guest

    clot schreef:

    > Trish wrote:
    > > I have recently installed the latest version of AVG free 7.5.409. The
    > > icon in my system tray which is usually yellow, black, green & red is
    > > now grey & black & is telling me 'Internal Virus Database Is out of
    > > date'. In the Security Status, under Anti-Virus, I get a message
    > > saying 'Internal Virus Database Version is 268.14.0/524 & was
    > > released on 8/11/2006. Database Update is recommended'. My problem
    > > is, when I try to Update, I get a message saying 'I already have the
    > > latest Updates Installed and I am fully up to date'. Everything else
    > > in the Security Status list has a green tick & is fine. It's just the
    > > Anti-Virus Component that has a red warning. Does anyone have a
    > > solution to this problem. Appreciate any help, thanks.

    > Fortunately that didn't happen to me when I updated yesterday. I did
    > have to go through the Database Update step. How about uninstalling and
    > reinstalling?

    , Nov 17, 2006
  4. Trish

    Guest

    Trish schreef:

    > I have recently installed the latest version of AVG free 7.5.409. The icon
    > in my system tray which is usually yellow, black, green & red is now grey &
    > black & is telling me 'Internal Virus Database Is out of date'. In the
    > Security Status, under Anti-Virus, I get a message saying 'Internal Virus
    > Database Version is 268.14.0/524 & was released on 8/11/2006. Database
    > Update is recommended'. My problem is, when I try to Update, I get a message
    > saying 'I already have the latest Updates Installed and I am fully up to
    > date'. Everything else in the Security Status list has a green tick & is
    > fine. It's just the Anti-Virus Component that has a red warning. Does anyone

    Hai Trish,

    >you have to uninstalled avg free edition by going too -start-all programms-avg free edition-uninstall avg free edition. After that you can download the new version avg free edition. s6.

    Jobe

    , Nov 17, 2006
  5. Trish

    Guest

    Trish schreef:

    > I have recently installed the latest version of AVG free 7.5.409. The icon
    > in my system tray which is usually yellow, black, green & red is now grey &
    > black & is telling me 'Internal Virus Database Is out of date'. In the
    > Security Status, under Anti-Virus, I get a message saying 'Internal Virus
    > Database Version is 268.14.0/524 & was released on 8/11/2006. Database
    > Update is recommended'. My problem is, when I try to Update, I get a message
    > saying 'I already have the latest Updates Installed and I am fully up to
    > date'. Everything else in the Security Status list has a green tick & is
    > fine. It's just the Anti-Virus Component that has a red warning. Does anyone

    Hai Trish,

    >you have to uninstalled avg free edition by going too -start-all programms-avg free edition-uninstall avg free edition. After that you can download the new version avg free edition. s6.

    Jobe

    , Nov 17, 2006
  6. Trish

    Trish Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Trish schreef:
    >
    >> I have recently installed the latest version of AVG free 7.5.409. The
    >> icon
    >> in my system tray which is usually yellow, black, green & red is now grey
    >> &
    >> black & is telling me 'Internal Virus Database Is out of date'. In the
    >> Security Status, under Anti-Virus, I get a message saying 'Internal Virus
    >> Database Version is 268.14.0/524 & was released on 8/11/2006. Database
    >> Update is recommended'. My problem is, when I try to Update, I get a
    >> message
    >> saying 'I already have the latest Updates Installed and I am fully up to
    >> date'. Everything else in the Security Status list has a green tick & is
    >> fine. It's just the Anti-Virus Component that has a red warning. Does
    >> anyone

    > Hai Trish,
    >
    >>you have to uninstalled avg free edition by going too -start-all
    >>programms-avg free edition-uninstall avg free edition. After that you can
    >>download the new version avg free edition. s6.

    > Jobe

    Thanks for your help. I have just done a repair and all seems to be fine
    now. Thanks again.

    Trish, Nov 17, 2006
  7. Trish

    Fred Guest

    "Trish" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Trish schreef:
    >>
    >>> I have recently installed the latest version of AVG free 7.5.409. The
    >>> icon
    >>> in my system tray which is usually yellow, black, green & red is now
    >>> grey &
    >>> black & is telling me 'Internal Virus Database Is out of date'. In the
    >>> Security Status, under Anti-Virus, I get a message saying 'Internal
    >>> Virus
    >>> Database Version is 268.14.0/524 & was released on 8/11/2006. Database
    >>> Update is recommended'. My problem is, when I try to Update, I get a
    >>> message
    >>> saying 'I already have the latest Updates Installed and I am fully up to
    >>> date'. Everything else in the Security Status list has a green tick & is
    >>> fine. It's just the Anti-Virus Component that has a red warning. Does
    >>> anyone

    >> Hai Trish,
    >>
    >>>you have to uninstalled avg free edition by going too -start-all
    >>>programms-avg free edition-uninstall avg free edition. After that you can
    >>>download the new version avg free edition. s6.

    >> Jobe

    > Thanks for your help. I have just done a repair and all seems to be fine
    > now. Thanks again.

    Yes - when you go to install you should chose the repair installation
    option, unless you have previously uninstalled the earlier version.

    Fred, Nov 17, 2006