    Anybody here having same problem ?

    My system is P2 333mhz 128 mb RAM 20gig HD Windows ME

    Thanks for any help
    Will, Dec 20, 2004

  2. Will

    r_mervart Guest

    "Will" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Downloaded free version of AVG 7.0 and having problems creating rescue
    > disk set ... well actually the first startup disk floppy - formts then
    > in the next stage wizard gives me a message that insufficient space on
    > disk and to insert new one etc. In total I used 3 disks to transfer
    > all the data required.
    >
    > Problem is when I tried it out can't boot from first disk - get
    > message *invalid system disk* etc. I've read the disk & all the files
    > seem to be on it. It's not the floppy as I've tried another also used
    > as a boot disk previously. OK booting from normal boot disk.
    > Never had any problems creating emergency set in AVG 6.0
    > Anybody here having same problem ?
    >
    > My system is P2 333mhz 128 mb RAM 20gig HD Windows ME

    Did you go through both steps of formatting the first diskette,
    i.e. Full format and then Copy systems files only?

    roman
    r_mervart, Dec 20, 2004

  3. Will

    Will Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:18:18 GMT, "r_mervart"
    <> wrote:

    >"Will" <> wrote in message
    >> Downloaded free version of AVG 7.0 and having problems creating rescue
    >> disk set ... well actually the first startup disk floppy - formts then
    >> in the next stage wizard gives me a message that insufficient space on
    >> disk and to insert new one etc. In total I used 3 disks to transfer
    >> all the data required.
    >>
    >> Problem is when I tried it out can't boot from first disk - get
    >> message *invalid system disk* etc. I've read the disk & all the files
    >> seem to be on it. It's not the floppy as I've tried another also used
    >> as a boot disk previously. OK booting from normal boot disk.
    >> Never had any problems creating emergency set in AVG 6.0
    >> Anybody here having same problem ?
    >>
    >> My system is P2 333mhz 128 mb RAM 20gig HD Windows ME

    >Did you go through both steps of formatting the first diskette,
    >i.e. Full format and then Copy systems files only?
    >
    >roman

    Thanks for reply ...... pardon my ignorance but how do you go on to
    second step of copying system files after full format - can't see any
    tab to enable me to do this. What am I missing here ?

    Cheers
    Will, Dec 20, 2004
  4. Will

    Will Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:41:07 GMT, Will <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:18:18 GMT, "r_mervart"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>"Will" <> wrote in message
    >>> Downloaded free version of AVG 7.0 and having problems creating rescue
    >>> disk set ... well actually the first startup disk floppy - formts then
    >>> in the next stage wizard gives me a message that insufficient space on
    >>> disk and to insert new one etc. In total I used 3 disks to transfer
    >>> all the data required.
    >>>
    >>> Problem is when I tried it out can't boot from first disk - get
    >>> message *invalid system disk* etc. I've read the disk & all the files
    >>> seem to be on it. It's not the floppy as I've tried another also used
    >>> as a boot disk previously. OK booting from normal boot disk.
    >>> Never had any problems creating emergency set in AVG 6.0
    >>> Anybody here having same problem ?
    >>>
    >>> My system is P2 333mhz 128 mb RAM 20gig HD Windows ME

    >>Did you go through both steps of formatting the first diskette,
    >>i.e. Full format and then Copy systems files only?
    >>
    >>roman
    >>

    >Thanks for reply ...... pardon my ignorance but how do you go on to
    >second step of copying system files after full format - can't see any
    >tab to enable me to do this. What am I missing here ?
    >
    >Cheers

    One other thing only a *Label* window is shown under other options -
    not any option to add system files etc. Why?
    Will, Dec 21, 2004
  5. Will

    r_mervart Guest

    "Will" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:18:18 GMT, "r_mervart"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Will" <> wrote in message
    > >> Downloaded free version of AVG 7.0 and having problems creating rescue
    > >> disk set ... well actually the first startup disk floppy - formts then
    > >> in the next stage wizard gives me a message that insufficient space on
    > >> disk and to insert new one etc. In total I used 3 disks to transfer
    > >> all the data required.
    > >>
    > >> Problem is when I tried it out can't boot from first disk - get
    > >> message *invalid system disk* etc. I've read the disk & all the files
    > >> seem to be on it. It's not the floppy as I've tried another also used
    > >> as a boot disk previously. OK booting from normal boot disk.
    > >> Never had any problems creating emergency set in AVG 6.0
    > >> Anybody here having same problem ?
    > >>
    > >> My system is P2 333mhz 128 mb RAM 20gig HD Windows ME

    > >Did you go through both steps of formatting the first diskette,
    > >i.e. Full format and then Copy systems files only?
    > >
    > >roman
    > >

    > Thanks for reply ...... pardon my ignorance but how do you go on to
    > second step of copying system files after full format - can't see any
    > tab to enable me to do this. What am I missing here ?

    If I remember right, at the end of Full format on the first diskette, when
    you close the results window, new window springs up for further
    formatting, this time with preselected radio button against Copy system
    files only.
    If you then say Yes it will copy system files on to the first diskette and
    only
    at the end of this you will go to the next step of copying some AVG files on
    this diskette.
    Copying of system files is done only on the first diskette!

    roman
    r_mervart, Dec 21, 2004