AVG 64bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by ChrisC, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. ChrisC

    ChrisC Guest

    ChrisC, Feb 2, 2006

  2. Andre Da Costa, Feb 2, 2006

  3. ChrisC

    Mirko Guest

    Unfortunately the 64bit support hasn't made into "AVG Free for Windows" yet.
    All other versions of AVG Anti-Virus 7.1 seem to have support for x64.

    Mirko, Feb 2, 2006
  4. Well, they are a business and they want to make money anyway they can. :)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 2, 2006
  5. ChrisC wrote:

    >Hi, http://free.grisoft.com/doc/21/lng/us/tpl/v5 in case it hasn't already
    >been posted.....
    >ChrisC

    Um, not sure which news item you want us to see.

    AVG Free does not support Windows x64 - only the paid editions of AVG
    support Windows x64.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Feb 2, 2006
  6. ChrisC

    Tony Butka Guest

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP] wrote:
    > ChrisC wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, http://free.grisoft.com/doc/21/lng/us/tpl/v5 in case it hasn't
    >> already been posted.....
    >> ChrisC

    > Um, not sure which news item you want us to see.
    >
    > AVG Free does not support Windows x64 - only the paid editions of AVG
    > support Windows x64.

    True, and I really had to think about shelling out the money. Then I
    thought about rebuilding the boot partition, so yesterday I bought the
    Pro version, and can report that it works just fine :)

    Tony Butka

    Tony Butka, Feb 2, 2006
  7. ChrisC

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi, I'd have thought with the collected intelligence of all you guys you'd
    have worked it out :) However here for the US
    http://www.grisoft.com/doc/Single/lng/us/tpl/tpl01 and here for the UK, my
    neck of the woods, http://www.grisoft.com/doc/Single/lng/uk/tpl/tpl01
    Apologies for the confusion....
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Feb 2, 2006
  8. ChrisC wrote:

    >Hi, I'd have thought with the collected intelligence of all you guys you'd
    >have worked it out :) However here for the US
    >http://www.grisoft.com/doc/Single/lng/us/tpl/tpl01 and here for the UK, my
    >neck of the woods, http://www.grisoft.com/doc/Single/lng/uk/tpl/tpl01
    >Apologies for the confusion....

    Well, you pointed us all to the AVG Free site. Since x64 support in the
    paid versions of AVG is very old news, the implication was that there was
    something new about the Free edition...

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Feb 2, 2006
  9. Avast! 4.6

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 2, 2006
  10. ChrisC

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi, ok Steve, point taken however I, for one, didn't know, ok?
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Feb 3, 2006
  11. That's Ok. Just the locals being a bit grumpy this week. Seriously, right
    now I'd have to say that AVG is my preferred A-V on x64. I wish their free
    version supported it, but I don't begrudge them charging at this point, and
    would have paid even if there were a free version.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 5, 2006
  12. ChrisC

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi Charlie, I wasn't offended anyway, hindsight is a wonderful thing though.
    AVG is good and one I always recommend as a free version to all my clients
    that are non x64 who are going online for the first time....
    Chris C

    ChrisC, Feb 5, 2006