    files, there is no .exe to be found for DesignPro. I have been trying for
    months to download and install DesignPro for PC on my HP630n using XP. No, I
    am not downloading Design Pro for MAC.

    Lindsay, Nov 15, 2008

  2. Lindsay

    thanatoid Guest

    "Lindsay" <> wrote in
    news:aCrTk.4540$:

    > I wish somebody would tell me why I can download Avery
    > DesignPro, (any of several versions) and yet the program
    > fails to install properly. I always get errors (which will
    > be sent to Microsoft, of course) which say that the
    > installation failed. When I look in Internet Explorer for
    > the downloaded files, there is no .exe to be found for
    > DesignPro. I have been trying for months to download and
    > install DesignPro for PC on my HP630n using XP. No, I am
    > not downloading Design Pro for MAC.

    Not an answer to your question, but as usual, the way /I/ do
    things.

    I do not rely on ANYBODY'S templates, even if they are made by
    the same company that makes the paper (sticky paper in this
    case, though not necessarily). In fact I do not even install
    templates when I install a DTP or such program.

    I make my own templates. It takes a few minutes with a good
    ruler (If you have 2 or more rulers of different brands around,
    compare them. You may be surprised.) and another few minutes
    placing non-printing horiz and vert guide-lines in InDesign.
    Then some test prints, some holding things against a strong
    light, and you're done.

    Also, some printers grab paper /very slightly/ differently than
    others making the pre-designed templates useless or at best in
    need of adjustments.

    Once you have made the most complicated one (don't forget about
    "group objects/copy" and "multiple copy with offsets"), you can
    easily modify it.

    Unless you are making semicircular labels for super bizarre
    reel-to-reel obsolete video tape formats or something, it's
    nothing you can't handle.

    I guarantee the templates will be more accurate - if you do a
    good job.

    --
    "May you live in interesting times."
    (curse, origin disputed)

    thanatoid, Nov 15, 2008

  3. On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:47:49 -0500, Lindsay aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > I wish somebody would tell me why I can download Avery DesignPro, (any of
    > several versions) and yet the program fails to install properly. I always
    > get errors (which will be sent to Microsoft, of course) which say that the
    > installation failed. When I look in Internet Explorer for the downloaded
    > files, there is no .exe to be found for DesignPro. I have been trying for
    > months to download and install DesignPro for PC on my HP630n using XP. No, I
    > am not downloading Design Pro for MAC.

    Your AV proggy might be the issue here.
    What kinda anti virus program do ya use?
    Turn the sucker off and then try to install?
    Or try to install yer softwares from control panel.

    NOW SMASH KEYBORD.

    http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 15, 2008