Avertising my web site.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gordon Bennett, Dec 16, 2003.

  1. Hi All,

    Re: Advertising my web site.

    I need some help, and perhaps someone would be kind enough to
    advise me.

    I have a web site and would very much like to display the link to it
    below the two dashes.

    The reason I ask, is because it might be considered Spam, but I'm not
    sure. My intention would be to help out as much as possible here to
    get people to go to my site which is all free.

    Given my knowledge, I would hope to make a great contribution,
    but I really need exposure to my site, and this board seems the best
    place. I estimate mailing this board about 1500 to 2000 times a week
    if that enough.

    Can anyone tell me if this is okay or not, without me first revealing
    what's on my site? I hope nobody has any objections.

    FYI: I'm using a friends machine to mail here for the time being, until
    my machine is fixed. Thanks.

    Thank to you all again in advance.
    --
    Gordon
    Sydney

    Gordon Bennett, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Gordon Bennett

    Jim PKP Guest

    Gordon Bennett wrote:

    > Given my knowledge, I would hope to make a great contribution,
    > but I really need exposure to my site, and this board seems the best
    > place. I estimate mailing this board about 1500 to 2000 times a week
    > if that enough.

    I think 1,800 to 2,500 times per week would be more appropriate.

    --
    Jim PKP

    Jim PKP, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Gordon Bennett

    John Holmes Guest

    Gordon Bennett came up with this:

    <snip>

    > Can anyone tell me if this is okay or not, without me first revealing
    > what's on my site? I hope nobody has any objections.

    Yes, I have objections. You could be running a fucking child-porn site!
    In which case you shouldn't be offered any help!! OK, if it's a normal
    porn site, I would like to know the contents...

    Anyhow, you'll have to reveal what's on your site anyway to get any help.

    --
    John Holmes, aTheist #666

    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

    John Holmes, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Gordon Bennett

    CB Guest

    "Gordon Bennett" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Re: Advertising my web site.
    >
    > I need some help, and perhaps someone would be kind enough to
    > advise me.
    >
    > I have a web site and would very much like to display the link to it
    > below the two dashes.
    >
    > The reason I ask, is because it might be considered Spam, but I'm not
    > sure. My intention would be to help out as much as possible here to
    > get people to go to my site which is all free.
    >
    > Given my knowledge, I would hope to make a great contribution,
    > but I really need exposure to my site, and this board seems the best
    > place. I estimate mailing this board about 1500 to 2000 times a week
    > if that enough.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me if this is okay or not, without me first revealing
    > what's on my site? I hope nobody has any objections.
    >
    > FYI: I'm using a friends machine to mail here for the time being, until
    > my machine is fixed. Thanks.
    >
    > Thank to you all again in advance.

    Gordon Bennett! I like it:-0

    CB
    --
    Craven and District Bird News
    http://mysite.freeserve.com/cravenbirds

    CB, Dec 16, 2003
  5. Gordon Bennett

    pcbutts1 Guest

    It is ok in your signature. No more then 4 lines. Yes it does work I have
    actually gotten good business from mine and also some idiots who tried to
    report me to me.

    pcbutts1, Dec 18, 2003
  6. Gordon Bennett

    trout Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:

    > It is ok in your signature. No more then 4 lines. Yes it does work I
    > have actually gotten good business from mine and also some idiots who
    > tried to report me to me.

    If you were posting "1500 to 2000 times a week"; not only would I
    report you to you; but you'd probably take disciplinary action against
    yourself.

    > "Gordon Bennett" <> wrote

    <snip>

    --
    "How would you have time to *run* a business?"

    trout, Dec 18, 2003
  7. Gordon Bennett

    Boomer Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in

    > It is ok in your signature. No more then 4 lines. Yes it does work
    > I have actually gotten good business from mine and also some
    > idiots who tried to report me to me.

    Check the headers.

    Boomer, Dec 18, 2003
  8. Gordon Bennett

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I would probably fine myself $1 for every post.

    pcbutts1, Dec 18, 2003
  9. Gordon Bennett

    bob Guest

    John Holmes wrote:

    > Gordon Bennett came up with this:
    >
    > <snip>
    > >
    > > Can anyone tell me if this is okay or not, without me first
    > > revealing what's on my site? I hope nobody has any objections.

    > Yes, I have objections. You could be running a fucking child-porn
    > site! In which case you shouldn't be offered any help!! OK, if it's
    > a normal porn site, I would like to know the contents...
    >
    > Anyhow, you'll have to reveal what's on your site anyway to get any
    > help.

    I think your efforts are wonderful.

    bob, May 18, 2004
  10. Gordon Bennett