    James Guest

    Any of you smart people know where I could find information on the average
    downtime (IT related) for north american businesses?

    James, Jan 4, 2007

  2. James

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Any of you smart people know where I could find information on the average
    > downtime (IT related) for north american businesses?

    No smart people around here today, thank you, buh bye.

    --
    BD
    MCNGP #51

    BD[MCNGP], Jan 4, 2007

  3. James

    CBIC Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message
    > Any of you smart people know where I could find information on the average
    > downtime (IT related) for north american businesses?

    If an MCNGP is running your network you don't have downtime. EVER! The same
    goes if your network admin is Chuck Norris.

    CBIC, Jan 4, 2007
  4. James

    James Guest

    Yes, we are trying to show how our IT department is doing a good job,
    compaired to the average...
    Any suggestions on where to look?

    James, Jan 4, 2007
  5. James

    CBIC Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, we are trying to show how our IT department is doing a good job,
    > compaired to the average...
    > Any suggestions on where to look?

    One source claims the average network in north america has 105 hours of
    unscheduled downtime every year. Another claims it is 87.36. I believe that
    62.45% of all statistics are made up though.

    CBIC, Jan 4, 2007
  6. James

    FrisbeeĀ® Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message
    > Any of you smart people know where I could find information on the average
    > downtime (IT related) for north american businesses?

    I'd answer your question, but our systems are currently down. I'll get back
    to you later, ok?

    FrisbeeĀ®, Jan 4, 2007
  7. James

    Consultant Guest

    its 68% that are made up, actualy

    Consultant, Jan 4, 2007
  8. James

    CBIC Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > its 68% that are made up, actualy

    Bullsh1t

    CBIC, Jan 4, 2007
  9. James

    Consultant Guest

    you dont ever say fukc to me

    Consultant, Jan 4, 2007
  10. James

    > you dont ever say fukc to me

    You're going to jail.

    CBIC, Jan 4, 2007
  11. James

    James Guest

    Could you provide any links?

    James, Jan 5, 2007
  12. James wrote:
    > Any of you smart people know where I could find information on the average
    > downtime (IT related) for north american businesses?

    You might check Gartner and IDC. I don't know of specific links.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 5, 2007
  13. James

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Jonathan Roberts <> say in

    > James wrote:
    >> Any of you smart people know where I could find information on the
    >> average downtime (IT related) for north american businesses?
    >>

    > You might check Gartner and IDC. I don't know of specific links.
    >
    > Jonathan

    or forrester or ittoolkit.com but all of these sites will charge for the
    service. My recommendation is to pay up for it. You will spend a great
    deal of time getting conflicting stories (even if you buy the research),
    but at least when you have paid for it you will be able to use the
    studies metrics as a proving ground to your employer *AND* your time is
    worth money too.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

    - Ignorance is temporary, Stupidity is forever.

    Neil, Jan 5, 2007