    --
    "No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up."

    BetsyB

    BetsyB, Jan 6, 2004

  2. BetsyB

    Pissed Off Guest

    BetsyB wrote:
    > I keep getting popups on Hotmail, this app wants to my computer to
    > download something? Spybot blocks it but does anyone know what this
    > is?
    > Just curious but not that curious.

    It's safe to download it. Spybot is giving you false-positives.

    Pissed Off, Jan 6, 2004

  3. BetsyB

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Jan 6, 2004
  4. BetsyB

    Pissed Off Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    > "BetsyB" <betsy959atoptonline.net> wrote in
    >
    >> I keep getting popups on Hotmail, this app wants to my computer to
    >> download something? Spybot blocks it but does anyone know what
    >> this is? Just curious but not that curious.

    > Google:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
    > 8&q=%22avenue+a%22%2Bspyware&btnG=Google+Search
    >
    > Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y110228F6

    Google is spyware.

    Pissed Off, Jan 6, 2004
  5. BetsyB

    trout Guest

    Pissed Off wrote:

    > BetsyB wrote:
    >> I keep getting popups on Hotmail, this app wants to my computer to
    >> download something? Spybot blocks it but does anyone know what this
    >> is?
    >> Just curious but not that curious.

    > It's safe to download it. Spybot is giving you false-positives.

    Ignore this troll.
    --
    "This is a recording."

    trout, Jan 6, 2004
  6. BetsyB

    Spider Guest

    > I keep getting popups on Hotmail, this app wants to my computer to download
    > something? Spybot blocks it but does anyone know what this is?
    > Just curious but not that curious.
    > --
    > "No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up."
    >

    > BetsyB

    In Spybot, go to the "Immunize" section and in the browser section change the setting to block pages silently and you won't be bothered by the popups.

    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

    Spider, Jan 6, 2004
  7. BetsyB

    Zermut Guest

    On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 17:54:56 -0700, "Pissed Off"
    <> picked a plump bugger and in sanskrit
    smeared the following cryptic message:

    >Boomer wrote:
    >> "BetsyB" <betsy959atoptonline.net> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I keep getting popups on Hotmail, this app wants to my computer to
    >>> download something? Spybot blocks it but does anyone know what
    >>> this is? Just curious but not that curious.

    >> Google:
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
    >> 8&q=%22avenue+a%22%2Bspyware&btnG=Google+Search
    >>
    >> Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y110228F6

    >Google is spyware.

    No, it is not.

    FOAD shitstain!

    Zermut

    Zermut, Jan 6, 2004
  8. BetsyB

    BetsyB Guest

    I also went to google and found what it was. Thanks for all your info?

    BetsyB, Jan 6, 2004
  9. BetsyB

    Boomer Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in news:btd18b$5g15v$1@ID-
    179272.news.uni-berlin.de:

    > Pissed Off wrote:
    >
    >> BetsyB wrote:
    >>> I keep getting popups on Hotmail, this app wants to my computer to
    >>> download something? Spybot blocks it but does anyone know what this
    >>> is?
    >>> Just curious but not that curious.

    >> It's safe to download it. Spybot is giving you false-positives.

    > Ignore this troll.

    Lying troll from colorado-springs via qwest.net

    To name a few:

    67.1.158.149 lid

    67.1.146.13 Asmodeus

    67.1.138.253 Baron Maximillian von Schtuldeworfshiseundurheimhoppen
    67.1.146.8
    67.1.154.100

    67.1.146.116 Baron Wolfgar von Schtuldeworfshiseundurheimhoppen

    67.1.139.77 Brigham Young

    67.1.146.61 Dr. Sivasubramanian Chandrasegarampillai

    67.1.155.40 Faahk Hugh

    67.1.128.188 Father Joeseph Murphy O'Brian

    67.1.138.101 Gen. Montgomery Steele, Ret.

    67.1.147.125 George Washington

    67.1.154.57 Lord Avner Williamsburr Smythe

    67.1.139.74 Me

    67.1.159.218 Mr. E

    67.1.155.151 No

    67.1.138.101 Prince Albert Innahkan

    67.1.139.80 Rev. Quentin P. Johannas

    67.1.139.77 Sez Me

    67.1.139.80 Sir Horatio William Bernhart Wagglesworth III, Esq.

    Boomer, Jan 6, 2004
  10. BetsyB

    BetsyB Guest

    Thankyou, Spider, appreciate the info.

    BetsyB, Jan 6, 2004
  11. BetsyB

    trout Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    > "trout" <> wrote in news:btd18b$5g15v$1@ID-
    > 179272.news.uni-berlin.de:
    >
    >> Pissed Off wrote:

    >>> It's safe to download it. Spybot is giving you false-positives.

    >> Ignore this troll.

    > Lying troll from colorado-springs via qwest.net
    >
    > To name a few:
    >
    > 67.1.158.149 lid
    >
    > 67.1.146.13 Asmodeus
    >
    > 67.1.138.253 Baron Maximillian von Schtuldeworfshiseundurheimhoppen
    > 67.1.146.8
    > 67.1.154.100
    >
    > 67.1.146.116 Baron Wolfgar von Schtuldeworfshiseundurheimhoppen
    >
    > 67.1.139.77 Brigham Young
    >
    > 67.1.146.61 Dr. Sivasubramanian Chandrasegarampillai
    >
    > 67.1.155.40 Faahk Hugh
    >
    > 67.1.128.188 Father Joeseph Murphy O'Brian
    >
    > 67.1.138.101 Gen. Montgomery Steele, Ret.
    >
    > 67.1.147.125 George Washington
    >
    > 67.1.154.57 Lord Avner Williamsburr Smythe
    >
    > 67.1.139.74 Me
    >
    > 67.1.159.218 Mr. E
    >
    > 67.1.155.151 No
    >
    > 67.1.138.101 Prince Albert Innahkan
    >
    > 67.1.139.80 Rev. Quentin P. Johannas
    >
    > 67.1.139.77 Sez Me
    >
    > 67.1.139.80 Sir Horatio William Bernhart Wagglesworth III, Esq.

    Yes, I thought I recognized this boring boy's brand of bland
    bullshit.
    --
    "Yawn."

    trout, Jan 6, 2004
  12. BetsyB

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:09:14 -0500, Be.Al.Zeebub read and pondered:

    > I keep getting popups on Hotmail, this app wants to my computer to download
    > something? Spybot blocks it but does anyone know what this is?
    > Just curious but not that curious.

    They're spammers, amongst other things.
    http://www.avenuea.com/
    From their website:
    "Avenue A has been diligently gathering data and tracking online consumer
    behavior since the early days of the Internet era. Our database now
    includes over 72 billion discreet consumer interactions on more than 87%
    of the North American Internet population. Drawing from this extensive
    collection of information, our research group offers an ongoing series of
    expert Insights to help improve the success of your online marketing."

    --
    B.Al.Zeebub
    Registered Linux User #339345

    B.Al.Zeebub, Jan 6, 2004