    running AVG6 at the moment can I run them both at the same time? I also
    would like to know, is AVAST any good? I don't have the money to buy a good
    commercial virus checker.

    Scottie, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Scottie

    Craven Birds Guest

    "Scottie" <> wrote in message
    news:e3eWb.3326$...
    > I read here about the free virus detector AVAST and down-loaded it, I am
    > running AVG6 at the moment can I run them both at the same time? I also
    > would like to know, is AVAST any good? I don't have the money to buy a

    good
    > commercial virus checker.

    Avasts' OK I've no problems with it. Also AVG as backup, this I have
    disabled. More than one AVP leads to problems IMO. Also have Mcafee VS also
    disabled and used occasionally;0)

    --
    Craven Birds

    Bird sightings based around 'Craven' Skipton, North Yorks.
    http://cravenbirds.mysite.freeserve.com/
    http://mysite.freeserve.com/cravenbirds

    Craven Birds, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Scottie

    Smoker Guest

    "Scottie" <> wrote in message
    > I read here about the free virus detector AVAST and down-loaded it, I am
    > running AVG6 at the moment can I run them both at the same time? I also
    > would like to know, is AVAST any good? I don't have the money to buy a

    good
    > commercial virus checker.

    I've been running Avast for a couple of weeks getting rid of AVG for not
    stopping virus attacks and causing a mouse problem. I run two programs at
    the same time and haven't had any trouble. I run a version of Trend Micro in
    my utility suite and Avast stopped email viruses before it was recognized by
    TM so I think it's pretty good. The Avast animated icon in the system tray
    is annoying.

    Smoker, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Scottie

    Sultan Guest

    Scottie wrote in

    > I read here about the free virus detector AVAST and down-loaded it, I
    > am running AVG6 at the moment can I run them both at the same time? I
    > also would like to know, is AVAST any good? I don't have the money to
    > buy a good commercial virus checker.

    I've tried Avast and ended up dumping it in favor of AVG, I like the Avast
    interface better but the darn thing would cause system problems. I run AVG
    along with Trend Micros Office Scan currently. As far as running both, yes
    you should be fine.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Feb 11, 2004
  5. Scottie