    Avast Professional can be downloaded from here:
    Avast Home (free) can be downloaded from here:

    Carlos

    Carlos, May 16, 2008

  2. Carlos

    Tom Lake Guest

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Right after a few days of the kernel update, we have a new release.
    > It is version 4.8.1201 and this is the changelog:
    > - solved incompatibility with System Safety Monitor (SSM)
    > - improved compatibility of the self defense module with XP SP3 (and its
    > installation)
    > - minor enhancements in the Web Shield (detection of streaming content)
    > - minor fixes in the updater

    Is this installed automatically when the virus database is updated or do we
    have to do a manual install?

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, May 19, 2008

  3. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Tom,
    You have to do a manual install as only virus definitions get automatic
    updates.
    I'm running Avast in Spanish so I will try to guide you with my translation.
    Right-click on the Avast icon in systray, choose "Update" and, from the two
    options presented, click on "Update Program".
    I am not sure if the freeware version also allows you to do this kind of
    incremental update.
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 19, 2008
  4. Carlos

    Jane C Guest

    Hi Carlos,

    I have Avast Home, the free one, set to automatically update the program as
    well as the virus definitions. By default, only the virus defs get
    auto-updated. You have to go into the program options to enable auto-update
    of the program :)

    Open Avast via the desktop icon, then click on "Menu", Settings, Update
    (Basic) and select auto there.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP - Windows Desktop Experience